    Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
    Thanks,

    Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Siddhartha Jain

    Patco Guest

    Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:
    http://www.simonscameras.com/digita...age=1&search=NO&cat=200&fmt=70&ftype=0&curr=2
    I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
    a Canadian source.

    Patco, Oct 22, 2004

  3. "Patco" <> wrote in message
    > Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:
    > http://www.simonscameras.com/digita...age=1&search=NO&cat=200&fmt=70&ftype=0&curr=2
    > I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
    > a Canadian source.

    Caméras Simon is an interesting store (I've been in it and would not
    hesitate to trust them). They've been there long enough to accumulate a lot
    of interesting things!

    Do Canadian-bought Canons qualify for the rebate?

    Warranty?
    Michael A. Covington, Oct 23, 2004
  4. "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
    > Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?
    >
    > Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Siddhartha

    They have been available up here in Canada for months now. We need black so
    we can see them against all our snow...

    I have at least 4 in stock right now, until my order next week comes in.

    ---

    Darrell Larose, Oct 23, 2004
  5. Patco wrote:
    > Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:

    http://www.simonscameras.com/digita...age=1&search=NO&cat=200&fmt=70&ftype=0&curr=2
    > I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
    > a Canadian source.

    Hmmm ... US$832 for body only at SimonCameras. With the 18-55mm lens,
    it is US$1028 without the rebate.
    I think I'll settle for the silver rebel :)

    Thanks,

    Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 23, 2004
  6. Siddhartha Jain

    Matt Ion Guest

    Darrell Larose wrote:

    > "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
    >>Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?
    >>
    >>Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Siddhartha
    >>

    > They have been available up here in Canada for months now. We need black so
    > we can see them against all our snow...

    There's always your handy-dandy Magic Marker... :D
    Matt Ion, Oct 23, 2004
  7. "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    > Patco wrote:
    > > Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:

    http://www.simonscameras.com/digita...age=1&search=NO&cat=200&fmt=70&ftype=0&curr=2
    > > I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
    > > a Canadian source.
    > >

    > Hmmm ... US$832 for body only at SimonCameras. With the 18-55mm lens,
    > it is US$1028 without the rebate.
    > I think I'll settle for the silver rebel :)

    Silver and Black are the same price... Normal retail in Canada for the
    Drebel with 18~55 kit lens is $1,299.99 ($1,050 USD) all cameras are cheaper
    in the USA.

    ---

    Darrell Larose, Oct 23, 2004
  8. Siddhartha Jain

    Linda_N Guest

    "Darrell Larose" <> wrote in message

    > "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
    >> Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?
    >>
    >> Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Siddhartha
    >>

    > They have been available up here in Canada for months now. We need black
    > so
    > we can see them against all our snow...

    hehehehe, how true.

    > I have at least 4 in stock right now, until my order next week comes in.

    Unfortunately the Canon cameras are more expensive here than 'some' places
    in the USA. After conversion there is approximately $150 more on the
    Canadian price tag for the exact same model (holds true for all models).
    I've asked Canon Marketing if anything could be done, but the answer was no
    because of low demand somehow everything is more expensive for Canon Canada.
    Of course I said well if the price were lower more people would buy Canon
    over Olympus, Fuji, Nikon. The answer was 'we know *laugh*'.

    Siddhartha you can ask almost any reputable dealer in the USA to order you a
    black one and they will. If you decide not to get it they will advertise the
    black one on their web site as in stock.

    Linda
    Linda_N, Oct 23, 2004
  9. Siddhartha Jain

    Linda_N Guest

    > Patco wrote:
    >> Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:
    >>

    > http://www.simonscameras.com/digita...age=1&search=NO&cat=200&fmt=70&ftype=0&curr=2
    >> I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
    >> a Canadian source.
    >>

    > Hmmm ... US$832 for body only at SimonCameras. With the 18-55mm lens,
    > it is US$1028 without the rebate.
    > I think I'll settle for the silver rebel :)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Siddhartha

    Check the Rebate chart again. It is a rebate, double rebate, triple rebate
    deal that works by the items you are purchasing and the number. It may be
    that purchasing the body and a lens enables you to get the double rebate of
    $200 (extra $100 for the purchase of any listed 'different' additional item)
    plus however much that different item is discounted for. Amazon.com has a
    good example chart of how to use the rebates in your best interests:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/544226/ref=amb_right-1_136990_3/002-0596516-6218432

    Linda
    Linda_N, Oct 23, 2004
  10. Siddhartha Jain

    Patco Guest

    Agreed - very interesting store. Turn-of-the-century decor, but my favourite
    camera store.
    I was there just this morning to buy a Xmas gift.
    Sorry, but I have no idea about the rebate & warranty issues for a foreign
    purchaser.

    Patco, Oct 24, 2004