    aperture etc?

    thanks

    Mike Adams

    Mike Adams, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Mike Adams

    Mike Adams Guest

    (Mike Adams) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
    > with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
    > on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
    > for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
    > SpeedLite Stobes.
    >
    > It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
    > this?
    >
    > Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
    > aperture etc?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Mike Adams

    Just giving my question a bump up to see if it gets a response

    thanks
    Mike Adams

    Mike Adams, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Mike Adams

    George Kerby Guest

    On 10/4/03 7:28 PM, in article
    , "Mike Adams"
    <> wrote:

    > (Mike Adams) wrote in message
    >> I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
    >> with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
    >> on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
    >> for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
    >> SpeedLite Stobes.
    >>
    >> It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
    >> this?
    >>
    >> Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
    >> aperture etc?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> Mike Adams

    > Just giving my question a bump up to see if it gets a response
    >
    > thanks
    > Mike Adams

    I would not trust anyone here with an issue that would do harm to my camera
    if I were you. Best to consult Canon or an authorized Canon repair facility.
    Look in the Yellow Pages. Info here is generally pretty much useless. My .02
    = Go with what Canon tells you. Those are made for your camera and will be
    less hassle.

    George Kerby, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Mike Adams

    CSM1 Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    > On 10/4/03 7:28 PM, in article
    > , "Mike Adams"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > (Mike Adams) wrote in message
    > >> I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
    > >> with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
    > >> on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
    > >> for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
    > >> SpeedLite Stobes.
    > >>
    > >> It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
    > >> this?
    > >>
    > >> Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
    > >> aperture etc?
    > >>
    > >> thanks
    > >>
    > >> Mike Adams

    > > Just giving my question a bump up to see if it gets a response
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Mike Adams

    <snip>

    If the voltage with a fully charged flash is more than about 24 volts, I
    would be afraid to connect it to my digital camera.

    Safe Sync:
    http://www.central-camera.com/flash/slaves/safesync.htm

    Strobe Trigger Voltages:
    http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html