    Has anyone tried this combo or does anyone have any ideas how to get this to
    work. I know the camera has a built in flash but since I have this flash and
    I'd like to use it also. Thanks.
    Art Harrington, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Art Harrington

    Savidge4 Guest

    >I'm trying to figure out how to use this combo flash and camera. I haven't
    >been able to get the flash to fire yet while on the Digital Rebel's hot
    >shoe. I read in the manual that the camera has to be used in manaul mode.
    >Has anyone tried this combo or does anyone have any ideas how to get this to
    >work. I know the camera has a built in flash but since I have this flash and
    >I'd like to use it also. Thanks.

    I could be talking totally out of my backside here but I am under the
    impression that you need the EX flashes for the Canon Digitals. In particular
    if you look to page 134 in the online Canon manual
    (http://www.canoneos.com/digitalrebel/download/manual.pdf) it clearly states
    the need for a EX flash.

    Again i personally would not take what i say on this subject as the holy grail,
    just trying to help!
    Savidge4, Apr 21, 2004