Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jwheaton@gmail.com, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    Body only, including box and all accessories.
    Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    work out a package deal.
    $1500 CDN NEW
    $1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer
    , Mar 15, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. nobody Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    > Body only, including box and all accessories.
    > Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    > mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    > Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    > work out a package deal.
    > $1500 CDN NEW
    > $1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer


    Waaay too much for this disco'd camera. I've been offered the same body
    from an Edmonton retailer for $1,355 - NEW!

    Even at the 'advertised' price of $1,500 - after a year of use, it is
    more likely worth $1k, maybe less (depends upon frame-count)

    Good luck!
    nobody, Mar 15, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. maple1 Guest

    wrote:
    > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    > Body only, including box and all accessories.
    > Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    > mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    > Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    > work out a package deal.
    > $1500 CDN NEW
    > $1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer
    >

    Way to pricy

    Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.
    maple1, Mar 15, 2006
    #3
  4. Guest

    maple1 wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    > > Body only, including box and all accessories.
    > > Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    > > mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    > > Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    > > work out a package deal.
    > > $1500 CDN NEW
    > > $1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer
    > >

    > Way to pricy
    >
    > Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    > price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.


    OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
    shipping and duty. Get over yourself.

    PS Vistek is in Calgary is it not? $1449 body only. I'm quoting prices
    from REPUTABLE Dealers not your grey market hole in the wall that
    advertises one prices then upsells you some shitty lens noone has ever
    heard of and a whole kit of bags adapters 3rd party batteries, etc.

    The best price I can get is what someone who knows what the hell they
    are talking about will pay. Also my post clearly says OBO. At $999 cdn
    I would take out a line of credit and buy them all and resell for the
    actual used market price.
    , Mar 15, 2006
    #4
  5. maple1 Guest

    wrote:
    > maple1 wrote:
    >


    >>
    >>Way to pricy
    >>
    >>Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    >>price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.

    >
    >
    > OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
    > shipping and duty. Get over yourself.
    >
    > PS Vistek is in Calgary is it not? $1449 body only. I'm quoting prices
    > from REPUTABLE Dealers not your grey market hole in the wall that
    > advertises one prices then upsells you some shitty lens noone has ever
    > heard of and a whole kit of bags adapters 3rd party batteries, etc.
    >
    > The best price I can get is what someone who knows what the hell they
    > are talking about will pay. Also my post clearly says OBO. At $999 cdn
    > I would take out a line of credit and buy them all and resell for the
    > actual used market price.
    >

    My price came from The Camera store not some hole in the wall grey
    market place I also own 3 so I know what the price should be for body
    only. Your usd going rate is to high however I do know that people will
    pay your price with a lens it would be gone in a day. But for body only
    you are high.
    maple1, Mar 15, 2006
    #5
  6. KWF Guest

    nobody wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    >>Body only, including box and all accessories.
    >>Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    >>mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    >>Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    >>work out a package deal.
    >>$1500 CDN NEW
    >>$1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer

    >
    >
    > Waaay too much for this disco'd camera. I've been offered the same body
    > from an Edmonton retailer for $1,355 - NEW!
    >
    > Even at the 'advertised' price of $1,500 - after a year of use, it is
    > more likely worth $1k, maybe less (depends upon frame-count)
    >
    > Good luck!



    I don't think the 20D has actually been discontinued by Canon. As far
    as I know, you can still get a new 10D. Check their website. Also, the
    new 30D is basically a 20D with a larger screen and a firmware upgrade,
    but with a price of $1650. I wouldn't be surprised if a firmware crack
    is created for the 20D . . .

    As far as the value of a used 20D being less then $1k, it would have to
    be in rather poor shape I think. I would much rather spend the same
    money on a used 20D than a new XT.
    KWF, Mar 15, 2006
    #6
  7. Dirty Harry Guest

    "KWF" <> wrote in message news:NAORf.22938$Cp4.2910@edtnps90...
    > nobody wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    > >>Body only, including box and all accessories.
    > >>Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    > >>mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    > >>Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    > >>work out a package deal.
    > >>$1500 CDN NEW
    > >>$1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer

    > >
    > >
    > > Waaay too much for this disco'd camera. I've been offered the same body
    > > from an Edmonton retailer for $1,355 - NEW!
    > >
    > > Even at the 'advertised' price of $1,500 - after a year of use, it is
    > > more likely worth $1k, maybe less (depends upon frame-count)
    > >
    > > Good luck!

    >
    >
    > I don't think the 20D has actually been discontinued by Canon. As far
    > as I know, you can still get a new 10D. Check their website. Also, the
    > new 30D is basically a 20D with a larger screen and a firmware upgrade,
    > but with a price of $1650. I wouldn't be surprised if a firmware crack
    > is created for the 20D . . .
    >
    > As far as the value of a used 20D being less then $1k, it would have to
    > be in rather poor shape I think. I would much rather spend the same
    > money on a used 20D than a new XT.


    haha I hope so too, I had hacked firmware on my rebel and it worked great!
    Dirty Harry, Mar 15, 2006
    #7
  8. maple1 wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> maple1 wrote:
    >>

    >
    >>>
    >>> Way to pricy
    >>>
    >>> Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    >>> price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
    >> shipping and duty. Get over yourself.
    >>
    >> PS Vistek is in Calgary is it not? $1449 body only. I'm quoting prices
    >> from REPUTABLE Dealers not your grey market hole in the wall that
    >> advertises one prices then upsells you some shitty lens noone has ever
    >> heard of and a whole kit of bags adapters 3rd party batteries, etc.
    >>
    >> The best price I can get is what someone who knows what the hell they
    >> are talking about will pay. Also my post clearly says OBO. At $999 cdn
    >> I would take out a line of credit and buy them all and resell for the
    >> actual used market price.
    >>

    > My price came from The Camera store not some hole in the wall grey
    > market place I also own 3 so I know what the price should be for body
    > only. Your usd going rate is to high however I do know that people will
    > pay your price with a lens it would be gone in a day. But for body only
    > you are high.

    Doesn't belong in r.p.d. FU set.
    John McWilliams, Mar 15, 2006
    #8
  9. NewMan Guest

    Ummm....

    http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/st...4&categoryId=10852&order=ASC&sortKey=default#

    $1549 c/w with 18-55 lens NEW

    So used and in mint shape with lens would be, say, $1250?

    You are selling body ony, and that lens is worth about $250, maybe
    $300?

    $1250 - $250 is... $1000???

    If I were to buy for $1199, and then have to drop $250 for a lens then
    I would rather buy new for the difference in price.

    Electronics devalues, period. The lens is a chunk of glass and, if
    well made, retain more value than the camera body. The camera bodies
    are no different than computers any more.

    On 14 Mar 2006 21:28:55 -0800, wrote:

    >
    >maple1 wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    >> > Body only, including box and all accessories.
    >> > Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    >> > mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    >> > Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    >> > work out a package deal.
    >> > $1500 CDN NEW
    >> > $1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer
    >> >

    >> Way to pricy
    >>
    >> Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    >> price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.

    >
    >OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
    >shipping and duty. Get over yourself.
    >
    >PS Vistek is in Calgary is it not? $1449 body only. I'm quoting prices
    >from REPUTABLE Dealers not your grey market hole in the wall that
    >advertises one prices then upsells you some shitty lens noone has ever
    >heard of and a whole kit of bags adapters 3rd party batteries, etc.
    >
    >The best price I can get is what someone who knows what the hell they
    >are talking about will pay. Also my post clearly says OBO. At $999 cdn
    >I would take out a line of credit and buy them all and resell for the
    >actual used market price.
    NewMan, Mar 15, 2006
    #9
  10. NewMan Guest

    On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:54:03 GMT, "Mustafa" <>
    wrote:

    >Don't know where you get $250 to $300 for the kit lens, it adds no more than
    >$100 to the value of the body, check Ebay, you would be lucky to get $100
    >for a kit lens.
    >


    Was looking at prices for a new lens, not used. So then $1549 - $250
    for a new lens means the body is worth $1300 NEW.

    For the sake of the $100 between the used price and new, I would
    rather have the new body with a warranty than buy used.

    As someone else pointed out, at $1200 used with a basic lens, the
    offer becomes much more attractive. But $1200 used without a lens?

    >
    >"NewMan" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Ummm....
    >>
    >> http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/st...4&categoryId=10852&order=ASC&sortKey=default#
    >>
    >> $1549 c/w with 18-55 lens NEW
    >>
    >> So used and in mint shape with lens would be, say, $1250?
    >>
    >> You are selling body ony, and that lens is worth about $250, maybe
    >> $300?
    >>
    >> $1250 - $250 is... $1000???
    >>
    >> If I were to buy for $1199, and then have to drop $250 for a lens then
    >> I would rather buy new for the difference in price.
    >>
    >> Electronics devalues, period. The lens is a chunk of glass and, if
    >> well made, retain more value than the camera body. The camera bodies
    >> are no different than computers any more.
    >>
    >> On 14 Mar 2006 21:28:55 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>maple1 wrote:
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>> > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    >>>> > Body only, including box and all accessories.
    >>>> > Camera is over 1 year old but in great cosmetic shape and excellent
    >>>> > mechanical shape. Will email photos upon request.
    >>>> > Optional RRS Really Right Stuff B20D-L L-Bracket $100 CDN, or we can
    >>>> > work out a package deal.
    >>>> > $1500 CDN NEW
    >>>> > $1199 CDN shipped Or Best Offer
    >>>> >
    >>>> Way to pricy
    >>>>
    >>>> Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    >>>> price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.
    >>>
    >>>OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
    >>>shipping and duty. Get over yourself.
    >>>
    >>>PS Vistek is in Calgary is it not? $1449 body only. I'm quoting prices
    >>>from REPUTABLE Dealers not your grey market hole in the wall that
    >>>advertises one prices then upsells you some shitty lens noone has ever
    >>>heard of and a whole kit of bags adapters 3rd party batteries, etc.
    >>>
    >>>The best price I can get is what someone who knows what the hell they
    >>>are talking about will pay. Also my post clearly says OBO. At $999 cdn
    >>>I would take out a line of credit and buy them all and resell for the
    >>>actual used market price.

    >>

    >
    NewMan, Mar 15, 2006
    #10
  11. SMS Guest

    wrote:

    >> Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
    >> price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.

    >
    > OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
    > shipping and duty. Get over yourself.


    Yes, the used asking U.S. price, with the kit $100 kit lens and usually
    an extra battery is around $1000. $1200 CDN seems a bit high for the
    body only, but you could probably get $1100 CDN with no problem.
    SMS, Mar 15, 2006
    #11
  12. nobody Guest

    In article <NAORf.22938$Cp4.2910@edtnps90>, KWF <> wrote:

    > nobody wrote:
    > > Waaay too much for this disco'd camera. I've been offered the same body
    > > from an Edmonton retailer for $1,355 - NEW!
    > >
    > > Even at the 'advertised' price of $1,500 - after a year of use, it is
    > > more likely worth $1k, maybe less (depends upon frame-count)
    > >
    > > Good luck!

    >
    >
    > I don't think the 20D has actually been discontinued by Canon. As far
    > as I know, you can still get a new 10D. Check their website. Also, the
    > new 30D is basically a 20D with a larger screen and a firmware upgrade,
    > but with a price of $1650. I wouldn't be surprised if a firmware crack
    > is created for the 20D . . .
    >
    > As far as the value of a used 20D being less then $1k, it would have to
    > be in rather poor shape I think. I would much rather spend the same
    > money on a used 20D than a new XT.


    Just because you can still buy it does not mean they are being manufactured.

    Furthermore, just because their web site shows the camera - it does not
    mean they are available. They show several cameras that are not available
    through supply channels anymore.

    Just call McBains or The Camera Store and ask for a _new_ 10D - they'll
    laugh and [politely] ask if your nuts. Then try and sell you one of
    several **used** 10D's they may have on their shelf :cool:

    Rule-of-thumb for used electronics 60%-70% of retail. The price I was
    offered: $1,355 @ 70% is $948.50. If we go by other _equally_reputable_
    stores at $1,400 is $980 - so IMO, $1k is a reasonable estimate.

    I do agree that a 20D is way more camera, used, than a new XT could ever
    dream of.
    nobody, Mar 15, 2006
    #12
  13. TMG Guest

    wrote:
    > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL


    {snip etc]

    Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.
    TMG, Mar 16, 2006
    #13
  14. KWF Guest

    TMG wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL

    >
    >
    > {snip etc]
    >
    > Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.



    agreed. we really don't know what a used 20d is worth until one sells.
    all these comments regarding what the kit lens is worth vs what the
    body only is worth are silly. personally, i'd buy a body, and pick up a
    kit lens really cheap (i.e., < $100 cnd) or skip the kit lens, get a
    17-40/4L, and maybe a the new 24-105/4L IS to complement my 70-200/2.8L.

    And, just because a camera is no longer manufactured doesn't mean it's
    not available new (e.g., just check some use websites and you can get a
    NEW 10D), and doesn't mean that the company won't service the equipment.
    If you have an old D60 or say a 80-200L, however, Canon will no longer
    service it, hence, the equipment is no longer listed on the Canon website.
    KWF, Mar 16, 2006
    #14
  15. nobody Guest

    In article <2l7Sf.29727$M52.12195@edtnps89>, KWF <> wrote:

    > TMG wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL

    > >
    > >
    > > {snip etc]
    > >
    > > Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.

    >
    >
    > agreed. we really don't know what a used 20d is worth until one sells.


    <http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/clearance/EN/proddetailpc.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10069779&catid=22553&PCName=Clearance&logon=&langid=EN>

    The important bit from the FutureSchlock.ca site:

    Canon 8.2MP EOS 20D SLR Digital Camera
    Our price: $1,399.95
    Shipping: FREE
    nobody, Mar 19, 2006
    #15
  16. "nobody" <> wrote in message
    news:nobody-1803062027400001@192.168.69.99...
    > In article <2l7Sf.29727$M52.12195@edtnps89>, KWF <> wrote:
    >
    > > TMG wrote:
    > > > wrote:
    > > >
    > > >> Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > {snip etc]
    > > >
    > > > Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.

    > >
    > >
    > > agreed. we really don't know what a used 20d is worth until one sells.

    >
    >

    <http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/clearance/EN/proddetailpc.asp?sku_id=066
    5000FS10069779&catid=22553&PCName=Clearance&logon=&langid=EN>
    >
    > The important bit from the FutureSchlock.ca site:
    >
    > Canon 8.2MP EOS 20D SLR Digital Camera
    > Our price: $1,399.95
    > Shipping: FREE


    HI folks.

    Second-hand 20D body in a London retailer was £600. Reasonably clean but
    scuffs on the LCD.
    Refurbished 20D was around £700 from the same retailer's Nottingham branch.

    Regards, Ian
    Fred Anonymous, Mar 19, 2006
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mario
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,350
    Mark Hanson
    Apr 19, 2004
  2. George Preddy
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,585
    Douglas
    May 24, 2004
  3. Lionel
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    708
    Ken Tough
    Sep 17, 2004
  4. John
    Replies:
    26
    Views:
    673
    Isaiah Beard
    Jul 30, 2005
  5. Ian

    Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera

    Ian, Jan 22, 2009, in forum: Front Page News
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,343
Loading...

Share This Page