    lights, taking photos at the son's wrestling meets, I have been using
    iso 1600, shutter speed at 60 and aperture at 9.0 with a sigma 55-200mm
    lens f 4-5. Thanks

    skydiverBill, Jan 13, 2006

  2. "skydiverBill" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > need help with the settings for a canon 20d inside a gym with tungsten
    > lights, taking photos at the son's wrestling meets, I have been using
    > iso 1600, shutter speed at 60 and aperture at 9.0 with a sigma 55-200mm
    > lens f 4-5. Thanks

    You asked the same question yesterday and were given 7 helpful replies.

    Steven Campbell, Jan 13, 2006

  3. skydiverBill

    C Wright Guest

    On 1/13/06 8:14 AM, in article
    , "skydiverBill"
    <> wrote:

    > need help with the settings for a canon 20d inside a gym with tungsten
    > lights, taking photos at the son's wrestling meets, I have been using
    > iso 1600, shutter speed at 60 and aperture at 9.0 with a sigma 55-200mm
    > lens f 4-5. Thanks

    You don't say what results you are getting with those settings. But, based
    on the subject of your photos (sometimes very fast moving wrestlers) your
    selected shutter speed is very slow and aperture needlessly small. You
    should be shooting at the maximum shutter speed that your f4.5 lens will
    allow.
    Chuck

    C Wright, Jan 13, 2006
  4. skydiverBill

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 13 Jan 2006 06:14:08 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "skydiverBill"
    <> wrote:

    >need help with the settings for a canon 20d inside a gym with tungsten
    >lights, taking photos at the son's wrestling meets, I have been using
    >iso 1600, shutter speed at 60 and aperture at 9.0 with a sigma 55-200mm
    >lens f 4-5. Thanks

    There have been at least eight replies to your original message. Why
    are you posting the same question again?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jan 13, 2006
  5. skydiverBill

    skydiverBill Guest

    Sorry I could not seem to find the original post and thought maybe it
    did not upload

    skydiverBill, Jan 13, 2006
  6. "skydiverBill" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry I could not seem to find the original post and thought maybe it
    > did not upload

    <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.photo.digital/browse_frm/thread/96a89d6808bd686b/47774bd1dd831af6?lnk=st&q=%22Cannon+20d+settings+for+shooting+inside+a+gym+with+tungsten+lights%22&rnum=1#47774bd1dd831af6>

    For your perusal.

    Steven Campbell, Jan 13, 2006
  7. skydiverBill

    wilt Guest

    Gym lights are often mercury vapor or some other vapor, not tungsten!
    As a result, the red-poor light source could be misinterpreted as 'not
    much' light, if you set Tunsten manually rather than letting the
    camera's auto white brightness adjust itself. If you are choosing
    tungsten, make SURE they ARE tungsten!

    wilt, Jan 14, 2006