    any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create VR
    Mov files.
    TIA

    Max, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Max

    Rob J Guest

    In article <1132214190.629272@ftpsrv1>, says...
    > Anyone here use the Stitching software that comes with Canon digital
    > cameras. Since I upgraded quicktime player to the newest version, I am now
    > unable to create .mov VR files through the photo stitching software. I have
    > downloaded the newest version of canon zoombrowser software, but it doesn't
    > seem to make any difference, and it says it needs an older version of
    > quicktime player to create the files. Anyone know what I can do, or is their
    > any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create VR
    > Mov files.

    You have installed (as you say) Quicktime PLAYER.

    To create any files with it you need to buy Quicktime PRO.

    I think it is highly likely the QT7 installer has overwritten the
    creation part of QT6.5 that was licensed by Canon for their product. You
    could try installing them to different directories, this should be
    supported if you are running Windows XP.

    At the moment it will cost you US$29.99 which is about $45 here, is that
    still too expensive?

    The VR doesn't do stitching, it just works with the stitched panorama
    that was already created by PhotoStitch.

    Rob J, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Max

    Max Guest

    "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > In article <1132214190.629272@ftpsrv1>, says...
    > > Anyone here use the Stitching software that comes with Canon digital
    > > cameras. Since I upgraded quicktime player to the newest version, I am

    now
    > > unable to create .mov VR files through the photo stitching software. I

    have
    > > downloaded the newest version of canon zoombrowser software, but it

    doesn't
    > > seem to make any difference, and it says it needs an older version of
    > > quicktime player to create the files. Anyone know what I can do, or is

    their
    > > any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create

    VR
    > > Mov files.

    > You have installed (as you say) Quicktime PLAYER.
    >
    > To create any files with it you need to buy Quicktime PRO.
    >
    > I think it is highly likely the QT7 installer has overwritten the
    > creation part of QT6.5 that was licensed by Canon for their product. You
    > could try installing them to different directories, this should be
    > supported if you are running Windows XP.
    >
    > At the moment it will cost you US$29.99 which is about $45 here, is that
    > still too expensive?
    >
    > The VR doesn't do stitching, it just works with the stitched panorama
    > that was already created by PhotoStitch.

    Thanks for your reply. Yes I do infact have a full copy of quicktime pro 7
    which I have paid for, although it isn't the most reliable piece of software
    (it crashes quite regually) The canon stitcher software did allow me to
    create .mov files with quicktime 6.5 without it being the pro version. I am
    running windows 2000, but I might try installing both versions in different
    directories, although I suspect you can only have one version running on a
    computer at a time.

    Max, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Max

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in news:1132214190.629272@ftpsrv1:

    > is their
    > any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create VR
    > Mov files.

    I thought there was a plugin for one of the common viwer tools like
    irfanview or something like that.

    I found this on the net though.
    http://www.panoramafactory.com/download.html

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Nov 17, 2005
  5. Max

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in news:1132214190.629272@ftpsrv1:

    > Anyone know what I can do, or is their
    > any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create VR
    > Mov files.

    http://www.sav.org/e/panorama.html

    and that good page

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Nov 17, 2005
  6. Max

    Rob J Guest

    In article <1132219290.667298@ftpsrv1>, says...

    > "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <1132214190.629272@ftpsrv1>, says...
    > > > Anyone here use the Stitching software that comes with Canon digital
    > > > cameras. Since I upgraded quicktime player to the newest version, I am

    > now
    > > > unable to create .mov VR files through the photo stitching software. I

    > have
    > > > downloaded the newest version of canon zoombrowser software, but it

    > doesn't
    > > > seem to make any difference, and it says it needs an older version of
    > > > quicktime player to create the files. Anyone know what I can do, or is

    > their
    > > > any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create

    > VR
    > > > Mov files.

    > > You have installed (as you say) Quicktime PLAYER.
    > >
    > > To create any files with it you need to buy Quicktime PRO.
    > >
    > > I think it is highly likely the QT7 installer has overwritten the
    > > creation part of QT6.5 that was licensed by Canon for their product. You
    > > could try installing them to different directories, this should be
    > > supported if you are running Windows XP.
    > >
    > > At the moment it will cost you US$29.99 which is about $45 here, is that
    > > still too expensive?
    > >
    > > The VR doesn't do stitching, it just works with the stitched panorama
    > > that was already created by PhotoStitch.

    > Thanks for your reply. Yes I do infact have a full copy of quicktime pro 7
    > which I have paid for, although it isn't the most reliable piece of software
    > (it crashes quite regually) The canon stitcher software did allow me to
    > create .mov files with quicktime 6.5 without it being the pro version. I am
    > running windows 2000, but I might try installing both versions in different
    > directories, although I suspect you can only have one version running on a
    > computer at a time.

    If you have QT pro then just tell it to create a MOV from your jpeg or
    how does it create VR files normally?

    Rob J, Nov 17, 2005
  7. Max

    Rob J Guest

    In article <1132219290.667298@ftpsrv1>, says...

    > "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <1132214190.629272@ftpsrv1>, says...
    > > > Anyone here use the Stitching software that comes with Canon digital
    > > > cameras. Since I upgraded quicktime player to the newest version, I am

    > now
    > > > unable to create .mov VR files through the photo stitching software. I

    > have
    > > > downloaded the newest version of canon zoombrowser software, but it

    > doesn't
    > > > seem to make any difference, and it says it needs an older version of
    > > > quicktime player to create the files. Anyone know what I can do, or is

    > their
    > > > any low cost/free photostitching software that will allow me to create

    > VR
    > > > Mov files.

    > > You have installed (as you say) Quicktime PLAYER.
    > >
    > > To create any files with it you need to buy Quicktime PRO.
    > >
    > > I think it is highly likely the QT7 installer has overwritten the
    > > creation part of QT6.5 that was licensed by Canon for their product. You
    > > could try installing them to different directories, this should be
    > > supported if you are running Windows XP.
    > >
    > > At the moment it will cost you US$29.99 which is about $45 here, is that
    > > still too expensive?
    > >
    > > The VR doesn't do stitching, it just works with the stitched panorama
    > > that was already created by PhotoStitch.

    > Thanks for your reply. Yes I do infact have a full copy of quicktime pro 7
    > which I have paid for, although it isn't the most reliable piece of software
    > (it crashes quite regually) The canon stitcher software did allow me to
    > create .mov files with quicktime 6.5 without it being the pro version.

    Because they bundled the VR creator with their software package. It is
    not a normal part of the free quicktime package.

    Rob J, Nov 17, 2005