canon d1 warranty - transferable or not?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JC Dill, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. JC Dill

    JC Dill Guest

    As I contemplate purchasing a Canon 1D and try to figure out how I can
    get all the different things I want/need (body, lens, tripod, extra
    memory and batteries, etc) within my budget, I keep noticing used 1D
    cameras offered on eBay. Assuming that the seller is legit and has a
    legit US camera with legit US warranty:

    Will the warranty come with the camera, to me as the second buyer?

    If so, how long is the US warranty for the 1D? (I know my G1 had a 1
    year warranty.)

    Is it common to buy an extended warranty for this type of camera, and
    if so do extended warranty contracts typically allow transfer to a new
    buyer?

    Thanks!

    jc
    JC Dill, Sep 27, 2003