    Pierre

    Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my email address in the "Email To" window of your program
    if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.

    Pierre Bellavance, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Pierre Bellavance

    Guest

    here is my opinion

    1. it looks cool
    2. it's portable
    3. no electrucuty needed ( rechargable battery )

    another good thing is that you know the exact costs of a photo.
    one photo costs euro 0,68 ( $ 0,77 ) to print.

    How does that compare to inkjet ? anyone ?

    Alan F Cross schreef:

    > In message <>, Pierre
    > Bellavance <> writes
    > >Has anyone tried the new Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers?
    > >
    > >How do they compare with an Ink Jet printer and commercial prints?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Pierre
    > >
    > >Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my
    > >email address in the "Email To" window of your program
    > >if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.

    > I attended a Canon special day here in the UK a couple of weekends ago.
    > Borrowed a Canon compact, took some shots of Lulworth Castle (the
    > venue), then had the guy connect it to a CP-300. Neat, and the quality I
    > guess about as good as your local D&P (no apparent tweaking). Print
    > comes out dry, and is semi-sealed with an invisible laminate, so it's
    > much better than inkjet. The Print Order System lets you choose how many
    > prints from each, you can leave out the bad ones, you can even crop in
    > the camera before printing, and then leave the kit to get on with it.
    > The ribbon/paper pack is good for just 36 prints, so big orders will
    > require one or more reloads.
    >
    > I print dye-sub professionally, and I think this technology is the way
    > to go.
    >
    > Perhaps you can also connect the printer to your PC, and tweak the
    > image, but the end result is a 6x4, so is it worth it?
    > --
    > Alan F Cross

    , Jul 24, 2003

  3. Pierre Bellavance

    FredBillie Guest

    << Photo Printers - How Good?
    From: ""
    Date: Thu, Jul 24, 2003 12:57 AM

    Alan F Cross schreef:

    > In message <>, Pierre
    > Bellavance <> writes
    > >Has anyone tried the new Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers?
    > >
    > >How do they compare with an Ink Jet printer and commercial prints?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Pierre
    > >
    > >Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my
    > >email address in the "Email To" window of your program
    > >if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.

    > I attended a Canon special day here in the UK a couple of weekends ago.
    > Borrowed a Canon compact, took some shots of Lulworth Castle (the
    > venue), then had the guy connect it to a CP-300. Neat, and the quality I
    > guess about as good as your local D&P (no apparent tweaking). Print
    > comes out dry, and is semi-sealed with an invisible laminate, so it's
    > much better than inkjet. The Print Order System lets you choose how many
    > prints from each, you can leave out the bad ones, you can even crop in
    > the camera before printing, and then leave the kit to get on with it.
    > The ribbon/paper pack is good for just 36 prints, so big orders will
    > require one or more reloads.
    >
    > I print dye-sub professionally, and I think this technology is the way
    > to go.
    >
    > Perhaps you can also connect the printer to your PC, and tweak the
    > image, but the end result is a 6x4, so is it worth it?
    > --
    > Alan F Cross
    >><BR><BR>

    Don’t know about the ink jet costs per 4X6 but there have been consistent
    rave reviews from different sources of the Hi-Ti dye sub printer and its costs
    are in $.40 (U.S.).

    Check out:

    http://www.hitishop.com/index.html

    FredBillie, Jul 24, 2003