    about what brand of compactflash is most compatible with Canon cameras.
    Sandisk is making Compactflash for Canon. Having said that I bought a
    Kingston Pro Elite 512 mb card for $42.00. Any opinions on these cards?
    Edward Strauss, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Edward  Strauss

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Edward Strauss" <> wrote in message
    news:cv47qk$ptg$...
    > I just received my new G6 and noticed that the 32 mb "high Speed"
    > compactflash card that was included was marked Sandisk on the back
    > and was also made in China. This should answer the questions posted
    > about what brand of compactflash is most compatible with Canon cameras.
    > Sandisk is making Compactflash for Canon. Having said that I bought a
    > Kingston Pro Elite 512 mb card for $42.00. Any opinions on these cards?

    You are making a conclusion that is not based on fact.
    Rudy Benner, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Edward  Strauss

    drwxr-xr-x Guest

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:08:52 +0000 (UTC), Edward Strauss wrote:
    > ...... I bought a
    > Kingston Pro Elite 512 mb card for $42.00. Any opinions on these cards?

    Yes. Having bought one - you ought to use it.
    drwxr-xr-x, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Rudy Benner <> wrote:

    > "Edward Strauss" <> wrote in message
    > > I just received my new G6 and noticed that the 32 mb "high Speed"
    > > compactflash card that was included was marked Sandisk on the back
    > > and was also made in China. This should answer the questions posted
    > > about what brand of compactflash is most compatible with Canon cameras.
    > > Sandisk is making Compactflash for Canon. Having said that I bought a
    > > Kingston Pro Elite 512 mb card for $42.00. Any opinions on these cards?

    > You are making a conclusion that is not based on fact.

    Hmm... New, Canon branded Compactflash card in my hand with Sandisk written
    on the back, Made in China, written on side. Form your own conclusion.
    Unless you mean that Canon branded compactflash is not the most compatabile
    for use in Canon Digital Cameras.
    Edward Strauss, Feb 19, 2005
  5. Edward  Strauss

    Stacey Guest

    Edward Strauss wrote:

    > Rudy Benner <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Edward Strauss" <> wrote in message
    >> This should answer the questions posted
    >> > about what brand of compactflash is most compatible with Canon cameras.

    >> You are making a conclusion that is not based on fact.

    > Hmm... New, Canon branded Compactflash card in my hand with Sandisk
    > written
    > on the back, Made in China, written on side. Form your own conclusion.

    What does that have to do with anything? Or that other sandisk branded
    cards are the same "compatable" kind as what you have in your hand?

    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Feb 19, 2005
  6. Stacey <> wrote:
    > Edward Strauss wrote:

    > > Rudy Benner <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Edward Strauss" <> wrote in message
    > >> This should answer the questions posted

    > >> You are making a conclusion that is not based on fact.

    > > Hmm... New, Canon branded Compactflash card in my hand with Sandisk
    > > written
    > > on the back, Made in China, written on side. Form your own conclusion.

    > What does that have to do with anything? Or that other sandisk branded
    > cards are the same "compatable" kind as what you have in your hand?

    From time to time you see posts from people who ask which brand
    high speed flash memory would be most compatable with whatever brand
    of camera they have. Since Canon high speed compactflash cards are
    made by Sandisk one could take from that knowledge that these would
    be compatable with Canon cameras.
    Edward Strauss, Feb 19, 2005
  7. Edward  Strauss

    Mark B. Guest

    > I just received my new G6 and noticed that the 32 mb "high Speed"
    > compactflash card that was included was marked Sandisk on the back
    > and was also made in China. This should answer the questions posted
    > about what brand of compactflash is most compatible with Canon cameras.
    > Sandisk is making Compactflash for Canon. Having said that I bought a
    > Kingston Pro Elite 512 mb card for $42.00. Any opinions on these cards?

    I have 3 brands of CF to use with my 10D, each works just as well as the
    other. Other than some cameras not being able to take advantage of high
    speed transfer, all CF type I cards are meant to be equally 'compatible'
    with cameras designed for use with such cards. I'm sure some cards are not
    as good as others, but it has more to do with the build quality than
    compatability with certain brands of cameras.

    Mark
    Mark B., Feb 19, 2005
  8. Edward  Strauss

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:35:01 +0000 (UTC), Edward Strauss
    <> wrote:

    >Stacey <> wrote:
    >> Edward Strauss wrote:

    >> > Hmm... New, Canon branded Compactflash card in my hand with Sandisk
    >> > written
    >> > on the back, Made in China, written on side. Form your own conclusion.

    >> What does that have to do with anything? Or that other sandisk branded
    >> cards are the same "compatable" kind as what you have in your hand?

    >From time to time you see posts from people who ask which brand
    >high speed flash memory would be most compatable with whatever brand
    >of camera they have. Since Canon high speed compactflash cards are
    >made by Sandisk one could take from that knowledge that these would
    >be compatable with Canon cameras.

    There's a difference between "most compatable" and "compatable".
    What does "most compatable" really mean? If the card works as it
    should, what more is wanted?

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"