    Pickey Guest

    I was wondering, now that I just picked up a Canon G5, which compact flash
    reader I should get? Thanks in advance.

    Pickey, Jul 20, 2004

  2. In article <GJZKc.37963$>,
    Pickey <> wrote:

    > I was wondering, now that I just picked up a Canon G5, which compact flash
    > reader I should get? Thanks in advance.

    Any CF reader will do.

    Maybe you should check if the reader supports your computer (or the
    other way around) but the camera or the CF card have no influence on the
    reader choice.

    Wouter

    Wouter Wessels, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Pickey

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >> I was wondering, now that I just picked up a Canon G5, which compact flash
    >> reader I should get? Thanks in advance.

    >From: Wouter Wessels
    >
    >Any CF reader will do.

    Well, only if you have a lot of time to waste ... the USB 1.1 readers download
    almost 5 times slower than the USB 2 readers (Firewire readers are even
    faster).

    I tested four readers with a 1 GB card with 919,376 KB of data and the two USB
    1 readers took 18 min 33 sec (Lexar Jumpshot included with the card) and 16:51
    ($5 reader) to download, while the USB 2 readers took 3:46 and 3:27 (these cost
    about $20 each).

    18 minutes is a long time to wait, especially if you have several cards to
    download ...

    Bill Hilton, Aug 7, 2004