    Thanks.
    -Lev
    , Jun 22, 2007

  2. Dave Cohen Guest

    wrote:
    > The CF card eject button on my canon rebel XT stopped working. Is
    > this a DIY
    > fix or should this be sent to canon? Any ideas?
    > Thanks.
    > -Lev

    I took a look at my A95. I wouldn't want to mess with it. When I push
    the eject button down, it stays down until I re-insert the card. Is the
    button up with the card seated. If not, try another card (I assume
    you're getting the card out although that doesn't look easy). If it
    stays bad I would look into what canon can do for you. One thing we know
    for sure, canon isn't going to be very happy if you mess with it and
    make things worse.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Mike Russell Guest

    wrote:
    > The CF card eject button on my canon rebel XT stopped working. Is
    > this a DIY
    > fix or should this be sent to canon? Any ideas?

    Lev,

    I imagine you could try fixing it, but disassembling a 500 dollar camera
    is not necessarily for the timid. I'd wait until a more serious problem
    came up before taking it apart.

    On my camera - a CoolPix 8700, I find it more convenient not to use the
    eject button at all. The CF card can easily be removed by just pulling
    on a piece of tape that I previously attached to the card. You can also
    label the tab of tape so that you know which card is inserted without
    having to take it out.

    The tape method works well for removing the CF card from the card reader
    as well - I use a PC Card reader that would normally have to be ejected
    separately to remove the card, and the piece of tape make this more
    convenient, and gives a visual indication that the card is still in the
    reader.
    --
    Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
    Mike Russell, Jun 23, 2007
  4. Mark² Guest

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> The CF card eject button on my canon rebel XT stopped working. Is
    >> this a DIY
    >> fix or should this be sent to canon? Any ideas?
    >> Thanks.
    >> -Lev
    >>

    > I took a look at my A95. I wouldn't want to mess with it. When I push
    > the eject button down, it stays down until I re-insert the card. Is
    > the button up with the card seated. If not, try another card (I assume
    > you're getting the card out although that doesn't look easy). If it
    > stays bad I would look into what canon can do for you.

    >One thing we
    > know for sure, canon isn't going to be very happy if you mess with it
    > and make things worse.

    That wouldn't make them UNhappy...as it merely means they'd get to charge
    you for the repair. :(

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Jun 23, 2007