    Should I get a scanner with an AC power supply, or should I not worry about
    power consumption?

    TIA.
    Lenny, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Lenny

    Adam Steiner Guest

    I have the Canoscan N600U (or something like that). It also draws power
    from the USB port. I have never had any problems using it with my laptop.

    In terms of power drainage, I don't know how fast it will deplete your
    battery.

    The only issue I have heard of with the Lide 30 is that it is relatively
    slow and noisy.

    Adam Steiner, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Lenny

    Frank Guest

    It's bound to take some of the laptops battery. There's no free ride, but
    I'll bet your scanning will be in the house where you'll have the laptop
    plugged in. If thats the case,, as is mine,, no problem. I just bought the
    Lide50 and am impressed. I got it as a 2nd scanner for traveling in by bag
    with the laptop. I was really surprised with the scans. My primary scanner
    is an Epson Perfection 2450 photo and the Canon puts out more natural
    looking skin tones. You might want to consider the Lide50 'stead of the 30
    because of speed. That is if you have USB2.

    Frank, Sep 15, 2003