    destination directory/folder dependant upon the connected model? Going
    though "Preferences/Folder Settings" is annoying (and beyond SWMBO's boredom
    threshold).
    Keith, Jul 8, 2011

  2. Keith

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <4e17256f$0$2533$>,
    "Keith" <> wrote:

    > I have a Canon Powershot S1IS and A490. How can I set up the Canon camera
    > window app "Import Untransferred Images" to automatically select a
    > destination directory/folder dependant upon the connected model? Going
    > though "Preferences/Folder Settings" is annoying (and beyond SWMBO's boredom
    > threshold).

    Check Canon's web site for assistance. If you don't find the info there,
    you can always submit a tech support question to Canon. I can attest
    from personal experience that their customer support for digital cameras
    is fantastic.
    Shawn Hirn, Jul 9, 2011

  3. Keith

    Keith Guest

    "Shawn Hirn" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4e17256f$0$2533$>,
    > "Keith" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Canon Powershot S1IS and A490. How can I set up the Canon
    >> camera
    >> window app "Import Untransferred Images" to automatically select a
    >> destination directory/folder dependant upon the connected model? Going
    >> though "Preferences/Folder Settings" is annoying (and beyond SWMBO's
    >> boredom
    >> threshold).

    > Check Canon's web site for assistance. If you don't find the info there,
    > you can always submit a tech support question to Canon. I can attest
    > from personal experience that their customer support for digital cameras
    > is fantastic.

    Thanks, will do.
    Keith, Jul 10, 2011
  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Re: Canon camera window - update

    "Keith" <> wrote in message

    > "Shawn Hirn" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <4e17256f$0$2533$>,
    >> "Keith" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a Canon Powershot S1IS and A490. How can I set up the Canon
    >>> camera
    >>> window app "Import Untransferred Images" to automatically select a
    >>> destination directory/folder dependant upon the connected model? Going
    >>> though "Preferences/Folder Settings" is annoying (and beyond SWMBO's
    >>> boredom
    >>> threshold).

    >> Check Canon's web site for assistance. If you don't find the info there,
    >> you can always submit a tech support question to Canon. I can attest
    >> from personal experience that their customer support for digital cameras
    >> is fantastic.

    > Thanks, will do.

    Latest response from Canon Support (UK) after suggesting that I was unlikely
    to be the only person with two or more Canon DSCs:

    "Dear Customer,

    Your call has been escalated to the next level, our service technicians
    shall endeavour to reply to you within 2 to 3 working days.

    Yours sincerely,

    Canon Support Centre"
    Keith, Jul 12, 2011
  5. Keith

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Canon camera window - update

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 05:13:08 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : On 2011-07-12 02:31:03 -0700, "Keith" <> said:
    :
    : >
    : > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    : > news:4e19bc08$0$2536$...
    : >>
    : >> "Shawn Hirn" <> wrote in message
    : >> news:2.de...
    : >>> In article <4e17256f$0$2533$>,
    : >>> "Keith" <> wrote:
    : >>>
[...]
    : So their computer communicated with your computer,

    And/or with the computer of their software developer. I don't think Canon does
    their own software development; I think they contract it out. I was led to
    that conclusion after reporting two serious bugs in Digital Photo
    Professional. In one case DPP went through two or three more versions before
    they fixed the bug; the other bug was still there the last time I ran any
    tests.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 12, 2011
  6. Keith

    "Keith" <> wrote in message

    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Shawn Hirn" <> wrote in message

    >>> Check Canon's web site for assistance. If you don't find the info there,
    >>> you can always submit a tech support question to Canon. I can attest
    >>> from personal experience that their customer support for digital cameras
    >>> is fantastic.

    >> Thanks, will do.

    > Latest response from Canon Support (UK) after suggesting that I was
    > unlikely to be the only person with two or more Canon DSCs:
    >
    > "Dear Customer,
    >
    > Your call has been escalated to the next level, our service technicians
    > shall endeavour to reply to you within 2 to 3 working days.
    >
    > Yours sincerely,
    >
    > Canon Support Centre"

    Canon UK support called me today. It is not possible to have Canon window
    select a destination folder based upon camera model/serial number. Canon UK
    is purely sales and support. Software development is done elsewhere, The
    delay in their response was due to them also checking if their
    "Professional" products had the required feature - they do not.
    Keith, Jul 21, 2011
  7. Keith

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: Canon camera window - update

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:04:55 +0100, "Keith"
    <> wrote:
    :
    : "Keith" <> wrote in message
    : news:4e1c146e$0$2492$...
    : >
    : > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    : > news:4e19bc08$0$2536$...
    : >>
    : >> "Shawn Hirn" <> wrote in message
    : >> news:2.de...
    : >>> In article <4e17256f$0$2533$>,
    : >>> "Keith" <> wrote:
    : >>>
[...]

    Look in EOS Utility, Preferences, Destination Folder, Customize. Then look at
    the customization options out of which the folder name is constructed. One of
    them is "Camera Body No."; another is "Camera Model". Unless the camera model
    you're dealing with doesn't keep track of these parameters (or can't be seen
    by the EOS Utility), I don't see why this wouldn't do what you want.

    Since Canon's EOS cameras do keep track of body and model numbers, and since
    the EOS Utility is one of their "professional" products, it would appear that
    at least their last statement to you is false.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 23, 2011
  8. Keith

    simmijoe

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Thia camera is most likely to appeal to people who have a keen interest in photography. To get the most out of the Powershot S1 IS you will need to dedicate time and effort to understand how to use its many features. With the length of the lens and the range of features the camera is not really aimed at the casual photographer who is looking for an easy to use point and shoot model.

    Photography pets
    simmijoe, Jul 25, 2011