    either the D30 or D60 cameras? I have only Canon branded batteries and
    would like to get a few extra sets but not for $50 each unless I
    really have to do so!

    Steve Hilmy, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Steve Hilmy

    Don Coon Guest

    "Steve Hilmy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone use third party batteries with the Canon BG-ED3 grip on
    > either the D30 or D60 cameras? I have only Canon branded batteries and
    > would like to get a few extra sets but not for $50 each unless I
    > really have to do so!

    You missed this entire thread?

    I bought a Lenmar one and after 4 -5 cycles it is yet to out last the canon
    one, I realise that it may take a few cycles to reach full capacity but I
    question it's claimed capacity. Still for $12 or so I'm not complaning,
    check out the canon replacement part!

    Greg
    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

    > "peter" <> wrote in message
    > > There seems to be quite a few 3rd party alternatives for canon BP 511.

    > Does
    > > anyone know which one has the highest capacity and which has the best
    > > price/capacity? I'm not sure if the rating on the battery is accurate.
    > >
    > > (1) CTA Digital's DB-BP511; 1300mAh
    > > (2) Lenmar LIC-511; 1250mAh
    > > (3) VidPro AC-511; 1500mAh
    > > (4) MAHA MH-BP-511; 1300mAh
    > > (5) Mugen Power BP-511; 1300mAh
    > > (6) Adorama's BP-511; no rating
    > > (7) Power 2000's BP-511; 1500mAh
    > > (8) bargain-batteries' no-brand 1300mAh
    > >
    > > This has to fit inside a camera (EOS 10D), so I cannot use a physically
    > > larger replacement designed for camcorders.
    > >

    > I don't know if anyone knows for certain how accurate the claimed mah
    > ratings are. I bought the ACDelco brand claiming to be 1500mah for $45 18
    > months ago but I can't say for certain that it'll significantly outlast

    the

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033535516&category=40973
    > The guy has a 99.8% feedback rating so I wouldn't worry about getting a

    bum

    Don Coon, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Steve Hilmy

    Mark M Guest

    > Does anyone use third party batteries with the Canon BG-ED3 grip on
    > either the D30 or D60 cameras? I have only Canon branded batteries and
    > would like to get a few extra sets but not for $50 each unless I
    > really have to do so!

    Yes.
    I have compared the new battery that came with my 10D (and withmy
    now-destroyed D30) with the third party battery by Power-2000 (available at
    B&H). It is significantly longer lasting, though I've forgotten the
    figures. I believe the rating was 1500 vs. 1100 for the Canon, but it might
    have been 1400.
    Either way...it's far better for significantly less $$. It was $34.95, and
    I wish I had ordered several more from the beginning.

    -I'll not buy another Canon battery for the 10D.

    Mark M, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Steve Hilmy

    Mark M Guest

    > > You missed this entire thread?

    > Actually no. I was specifically concerned with the BG-ED3 grip which
    > aparently is not as forgiving as the D30 or D60 with regards to third
    > party batteries.
    >
    > So to re-pose the question a little more clearly: does anyone use
    > third party batteries in the BG-ED3 grip, and if so which ones?

    Again... Yes.
    Power-2000 1500 mah batteries from B&H.

    Mark M, Jul 13, 2003