    Any suggestions how to go about finding an new, original Canon NB-2L would be
    happily received.

    Thanks!

    DaveC, Aug 4, 2012

  2. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    Found it on B&H. I think they're trustworthy...

    Thanks!

    DaveC, Aug 4, 2012

  3. DaveC

    Ron Guest

    "DaveC" wrote in message

    I want to purchase a new Canon NB-2L battery for my G9 digicam.

    What with the stories of abundant counterfeit batteries, and the fact that
    Canon do not sell the battery on its web site, how does one know what is
    "Original" Canon and what isn't.

    Replies to the form of "you don't" are not appreciated; that is the default
    no-brainer answer.

    Any suggestions how to go about finding an new, original Canon NB-2L would
    be
    happily received.

    Thanks!
    +++++++++
    Why do you want an original Canon battery? Get on eBay and search for NB-2L
    battery and buy from one of their top vendors (they are marked as such). I
    never buy Canon batteries as additional or replacement batteries. Generally
    the big box stores had generic batteries for about 2/3 of what a Canon
    batter will cost you or on eBay you can buy one for about 1/5 the Canon
    price. I get two to three years service on the cheaper generic batteries.
    Ron
    ++++++++

    Ron, Aug 6, 2012
  4. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    > Why do you want an original Canon battery? Get on eBay and search for NB-2L
    > battery and buy from one of their top vendors (they are marked as such). I
    > never buy Canon batteries as additional or replacement batteries. Generally
    > the big box stores had generic batteries for about 2/3 of what a Canon
    > batter will cost you or on eBay you can buy one for about 1/5 the Canon
    > price. I get two to three years service on the cheaper generic batteries.
    > Ron

    Check the comments on Amazon for any of the NB-2L batteries (including the
    Canon brand products listed there -- many comments there about "i'll never
    buy a non-Canon battery *or a Canon-label one from other than a certified
    Canon dealer*" comments).

    It's not the years of service so much as the hours of charge they will
    provide. Taking all the comments I've read, non-Canon batteries and the
    counterfeit Canon batteries will not stack up to Canon label ones.

    This isn't to say that the batteries you buy are not a good deal for you.
    Each has to weigh his needs and the costs.

    Going to the Himalayas. Need the longest-charge power I can get. In my
    research, this is Canon-brand NB-2L's from a reliable dealer.

    DaveC, Aug 7, 2012