    instant-on and shoot, and wonder if having to swivel an LCD from
    protected to showing would be a hindrance.

    What do you guys think?

    Mike Henley, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    Jer Guest

    Mike Henley wrote:

    > Which one would you buy? (please, no one say check www.dpreviews.com)
    >
    > The Canon A95 is 5mp, a little bigger and a with a grip, has a
    > swiveling LCD, has manual controls, has AF-assist, uses CF I cards.
    >
    > The Casio is 6mp, smaller metalic case, its predecessor (QV-R51) won a
    > DIMA 2004, has a large (2") scratch-resistant (acrylic) LCD, very fast
    > performance, no AF-assist but flash-assist (what's that?).
    >
    > I can't find any reviews of the QV-R61, except one apparently
    > satisfied purchaser. I saw pictures from the A95, and while sharp, i
    > didn't like the the poor dynamic range they had. I'm also not sure if
    > the rotating LCD, while could be useful occasionally, would be a
    > hindrance at other times. I certainly prefer a scratch-resistant
    > instant-on and shoot, and wonder if having to swivel an LCD from
    > protected to showing would be a hindrance.
    >
    > What do you guys think?

    Whilst I can't specifically comment on either of these two cameras, I
    will say the only reason I can see for an LCD screen is for viewing the
    user menu and maybe previewing stored images. Also, one doesn't
    necessarily have to use the LCD for composing a shot - that's what the
    view finder is for.

    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'