    only make video with 10 Frames per second (Sony make it with 30 fps).

    For it, i need to know your opinion about the quality of canon video.

    thanks.

    Tolo, Sep 16, 2004

  2. If you want video, buy a video camera. If you want images, buy a digital camera.
    10 frames a sec is 10 frames a sec is 10 frames a second.

    Shane Andersen, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Tolo

    Tolo Guest

    pls response at my question

    thanks,

    Tolo, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Tolo

    John Guest

    Get a video camera that takes stills

    John, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Tolo

    Justin Thyme Guest

    "Tolo" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm interested in the Canon A85, but i've one question that i must solve
    > before buy it. I saw that the Canon (same as the others, except sony ones)
    > only make video with 10 Frames per second (Sony make it with 30 fps).
    >
    > For it, i need to know your opinion about the quality of canon video.

    If the quality of it's video is playing a part in your decision then a
    digital still camera isn't the right choice for you. Think of video in a
    digi-still as a toy or a gimmick. A very few cameras have passable quality
    video (Olympus C770, Canon S1IS, Some Samsungs), but it's still not anything
    near the quality of even a basic standard video camera. To further limit
    it's usefulness, most digi-stills don't allow re-focusing and/or re-zooming
    while recording.
    Likewise a few video camera's have still capability, but most are only about
    1 MP in quality, with a few high end units getting up to 2MP. The closest I
    have seen to a true crossover product was a review on a (samsung?) camera
    that had 2 lenses, one handled video, one handled stills - I'm yet to see
    this product in the flesh.

    Justin Thyme, Sep 16, 2004