    E-Star Guest

    I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
    researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?
    E-Star, Oct 20, 2004

  2. E-Star

    Era Guest

    E-Star wrote:
    > I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
    > researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

    A85 has been replaced by A95. Just as good, if not better with 5 MP and
    larger sensor, etc...
    Era, Oct 20, 2004

  3. E-Star

    E-Star Guest

    In article <>, Era <> wrote:

    > E-Star wrote:
    > > I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
    > > researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

    > A85 has been replaced by A95. Just as good, if not better with 5 MP and
    > larger sensor, etc...

    The A85 fits into my price range better. What sensor are you referring
    to?

    being = buying
    E-Star, Oct 20, 2004
  4. E-Star

    Alan Meyer Guest

    "E-Star" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
    > researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

    I have a Canon S30. It's a different camera, but my
    impression of the quality of the lens, image processing,
    controls, etc. is very good. Canon appears to make top quality
    stuff.

    Alan
    Alan Meyer, Oct 20, 2004
  5. E-Star

    Wingman Guest

    I bought the A85 back in July. I use it for shots of the family and some
    basic landscape type shots. It is my first digital camera and I have barely
    cracked the surface of what this can do. I am more than happy, although I
    did buy it about 4 weeks before the price dropped, but that is another
    story. It also allows for additional lenses to be added if you are
    interested in that down the road.

    I have everything set to automatic and just fire. The pictures come out
    great, although I do have some issue with redeye on a handful of indoor
    shots. Please see other post looking if you can help with that situation.

    I would recommend it and the 4 mp is plenty large for what I use it for.

    Wingman, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Era <> writes:

    >A85 has been replaced by A95. Just as good, if not better with 5 MP and
    >larger sensor, etc...

    No, the A85 is the replacement for the A75. The A95 is the replacement
    for the A80, *not* the a85.

    The A75/A85 has smaller (noisier) CCDs. The A80/A95 have larger CCDs,
    and a flip-out LCD.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Oct 21, 2004