    I don't know which one is better and reliable.

    Thanks!

    Congee
    Congee, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Congee

    Fred Guest

    I have a A80. I find it ok. I am happy with it.

    f dot jeanmougin at laposte dot net
    Fred, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Congee

    Mister Max Guest

    "Congee" <> posted:

    > Do u have any comment on these 2 models?
    > I don't know which one is better and reliable.

    A recent thread concluded that the S400 was smaller and therefore more
    portable, while the A80 benefitted from the moveable lcd screen and was
    overall better. So it depends on how much you want a camera that fits in
    your pocket.
    - Max

    --
    MisterMax
    Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco,
    Mister Max, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Congee

    Fred Guest

    I agree that the A80 does not fit very well in a pocket.

    Fred, Jan 1, 2004
  5. "Congee" <> writes:
    >Do u have any comment on these 2 models?
    >I don't know which one is better and reliable.

    I wish I had both. The S400 is pocketable, while the A80 is too large
    unless you're talking about an overcoat pocket. But the A80 has a full
    set of manual exposure modes, a flip out LCD, it operates from standard
    AA cells, and it's cheaper to buy in the first place.

    I looked long and hard at both, picked up and played with both in a
    camera store. I figured I'd rather carry the A80 despite its larger
    size if I knew I might use a camera, since its extra features are
    important to me (manual exposure modes, manual focus in particular).
    But I'd prefer to carry the A400 when I didn't expect to use a camera,
    since the size and weight are minimal.

    Ultimately, whichever one I bought, I'd sometimes wish I had the other.
    I bought the A80 in the end.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Jan 2, 2004