Canon A80 vs. Nikon 4300

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Marco Luciani, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. I've finally narrowed my choice for the jump to digital to these two same
    priced
    cameras. I'd love to hear opinions from any users, particularly if you've
    used both
    of them. I'm almost exclusively concerned with image quality (they both
    seem to have
    enough and comparable features to satisfy me, and I'm not concerned with
    things like
    battery life, weight, size, grip ergonomics, LCD quality etc.) I would
    describe myself
    as an aspiring advanced amateur using available light almost always.
    Outdoor
    landscapes mostly. Very few "people pictures" so skin tone accuracy is not
    much of an issue. I'm not concerned with indoor or flash performance. Macro
    performance (appears the Nikon wins hands
    down in this area?) and Night shots are a secondary concern that I am
    interested
    in. Thanks in advance for any feedback. I have an Olympus P400 printer
    that has been
    collecting dust for a long time and I'm getting anxious to see what it can
    do with one of
    these baby's.

    Marco

    Marco Luciani, Nov 10, 2003