    I am going to buy a 4 MegaPixel digital camera. Which one should I get Canon
    A80 or Nikon Coolpix 4300? Thanks.

    Rhoniel
    Rhoniel, Jul 3, 2004

  2. "Rhoniel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I am going to buy a 4 MegaPixel digital camera. Which one should I get

    Canon
    > A80 or Nikon Coolpix 4300? Thanks.
    >
    > Rhoniel

    I am a Nikon fan but I would probably take the Canon A80 because of its
    swivel LCD panel. I have found the swiveling LCD on my camera (not either
    model) to be really handy. That's a good plus for the Canon.

    LRH
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Rhoniel

    Rhoniel Guest

    "Larry R Harrison Jr" <> wrote in message
    > I am a Nikon fan but I would probably take the Canon A80 because of its
    > swivel LCD panel. I have found the swiveling LCD on my camera (not either
    > model) to be really handy. That's a good plus for the Canon.
    >
    > LRH

    Thank you for your reply. Can you please comment on shutter lag and the
    picture quality of either of these cameras? Thanks

    Rhoniel
    Rhoniel, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Rhoniel

    Ocean Tragic Guest

    I don't know much about the 4300 but I've just bought the A80 and am well
    happy with it. The key thing I like is the ability to make it as manual
    (aperture, shutter, focus) as you like.

    After using SLRs for a couple of decades I didn't want a compact camera that
    wouldn't let me do anything. I know there are better camera available but as
    a whole I thought it was great - and the fact that my local Jessops were
    doing it for £9 more than the cheapest internet place made it all the
    better.

    Ocean Tragic, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Rhoniel

    John Guest

    I am happy with my A80. However, it is being discontinued and you can get it
    for around $250 or less on the web.

    If you want to use the usually cheaper cf memory and AA batteries, this is
    the one.

    John

    "Ocean Tragic" <> wrote in
    message news:cc9quq$eco$...