    any problems such as blocking the view finder and light sensor?
    If there is an other option could you please give me the part numbers and
    possible where I might locate this equipment in Canada

    Bob Traill, May 5, 2004

  2. "Bob Traill" <> wrote in message
    news:M_4mc.27081$...
    > I have a Canon A80 and would like to increase the optical zoom using the
    > Canon LA-DC52D apapter and the Canon TC-DC52A Tele converter lens.
    > Can anyone tell me if this is a good way to go or will this combo cause me
    > any problems such as blocking the view finder and light sensor?
    > If there is an other option could you please give me the part numbers and
    > possible where I might locate this equipment in Canada

    Lensmateonline.com sells a 37mm adapter tube for the A80, and there are wide
    angle and teleconverters available in 37mm from several sources. The Canon
    52mm stuff will block the AF assist light, the viewfinder, and the flash.
    Kodak, Kenko, and Tiffen make the 37mm teleconverters.

    Another source for the 37mm lenstube is:
    http://www.cameragear.com/detail.asp?product_id=J60. This fits the A60 and
    A70--call to be sure that it fits the A80 as well.

    From what I read, even the 37mm tube blocks the viewfinder very slightly.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 5, 2004

  3. Bob Traill

    Buster Guest

    However, keep in mind that the viewfinder is useless when you add and
    auxiliary lens. The viewfinder shows what it thinks the builtin lens
    is shooting, changing the focal length of the builtin lens negates the
    accuracy of the viewfinder.
    Buster

    Buster, May 9, 2004