    stabilisher...... if i buy canon s1 is i can do better photos?. The price
    difference is big and i dont know if there is some difference on photo
    quality.
    Lordman, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Lordman

    Todd H. Guest

    "Lordman" <> writes:
    > Anybody can tell me if there are any photo quality difference on these
    > models?. If i dont need x10 optical zoom, better film and image
    > stabilisher...... if i buy canon s1 is i can do better photos?. The price
    > difference is big and i dont know if there is some difference on photo
    > quality.

    You're paying for the glass in that price jump, and it sounds like it
    doesn't really add value for ya.

    The A75 takes some great friggin photos and is a tremendous value.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Dec 15, 2004

  3. Lordman

    Bill Guest

    Todd H. wrote:

    >"Lordman" <> writes:
    >> Anybody can tell me if there are any photo quality difference on these
    >> models?. If i dont need x10 optical zoom, better film and image
    >> stabilisher...... if i buy canon s1 is i can do better photos?. The price
    >> difference is big and i dont know if there is some difference on photo
    >> quality.

    >You're paying for the glass in that price jump, and it sounds like it
    >doesn't really add value for ya.
    >
    >The A75 takes some great friggin photos and is a tremendous value.

    I concur. I have the Canon A75 as a second camera and it takes great
    photos. I have an SLR, but I use the A75 at social events where I don't
    need nor want to carry around my big camera.

    The image quality is very good and it has plenty of manual control if
    needed, plus all the auto and semi-auto modes. You can make good prints
    up to 8x10 with it, and an inexpensive 256meg CF card will hold about
    150 photos.
    Bill, Dec 16, 2004