    thats $60 and it has more power than the Canon..
    Which one should I buy?
    Thanks Willis

    Willis Speck, May 5, 2004

  2. Willis Speck

    chibitul Guest

    In article <>, Willis Speck <>
    wrote:

    > I want to get a wide angle lens Canon WC-DC52 it cost about
    > $80 on Ebay but there is another brand Digital Optics
    > thats $60 and it has more power than the Canon..
    > Which one should I buy?
    > Thanks Willis

    No experience with any of these, but if I were you I would stick with
    Canon.

    chibitul, May 5, 2004

  3. "Willis Speck" <> wrote in message
    > I want to get a wide angle lens Canon WC-DC52 it cost about
    > $80 on Ebay but there is another brand Digital Optics
    > thats $60 and it has more power than the Canon..
    > Which one should I buy?
    > Thanks Willis

    I would not do what you are doing. The Canon 52mm adapter blocks the AF
    assist light, the viewfinder and the flash

    Get a 37mm lens tube for the Canon A75 (not the Canon LA-DC52), see
    http://www.cameragear.com/detail.asp?product_id=J60. This fits the A60 and
    A70, call to be sure that it fits the A75 as well.

    Now you can choose from a variety of 37mm wide angle lenses. Kodak has one
    for $45 (on Amazon). Kenko has one for $50
    (http://www.cameragear.com/detail.asp?product_id=NW5) Sony has one for $30
    (Sony VCL0637H), Retinar has one for $50 (looks to be the same as the Kodak
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50276446&pfp=c
    at3), Tiffen has one http://www.adorama.com/ITF056X37.html.

    Canon didn't want to make a variety of wide angle and telephoto lenses so
    they up everything to 52mm which causes problems.

    Steve
    Digital Camera Academician
    http://digitalcamerashortlist.com

    Steven M. Scharf, May 5, 2004
  4. Willis Speck

    Irwell Guest

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 05:06:49 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
    <> wrote:

    >"Willis Speck" <> wrote in message
    >> I want to get a wide angle lens Canon WC-DC52 it cost about
    >> $80 on Ebay but there is another brand Digital Optics
    >> thats $60 and it has more power than the Canon..
    >> Which one should I buy?
    >> Thanks Willis

    >I would not do what you are doing. The Canon 52mm adapter blocks the AF
    >assist light, the viewfinder and the flash
    >
    >Get a 37mm lens tube for the Canon A75 (not the Canon LA-DC52), see
    >http://www.cameragear.com/detail.asp?product_id=J60. This fits the A60 and
    >A70, call to be sure that it fits the A75 as well.

    Does that adapter allow for the full extension
    at telephoto setting? Seems shorter than the
    lensesmateonline.com version.

    Irwell, May 5, 2004
  5. "Irwell" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 05 May 2004 05:06:49 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Willis Speck" <> wrote in message
    > >> I want to get a wide angle lens Canon WC-DC52 it cost about
    > >> $80 on Ebay but there is another brand Digital Optics
    > >> thats $60 and it has more power than the Canon..
    > >> Which one should I buy?
    > >> Thanks Willis

    > >I would not do what you are doing. The Canon 52mm adapter blocks the AF
    > >assist light, the viewfinder and the flash
    > >
    > >Get a 37mm lens tube for the Canon A75 (not the Canon LA-DC52), see
    > >http://www.cameragear.com/detail.asp?product_id=J60. This fits the A60

    and
    > >A70, call to be sure that it fits the A75 as well.
    > >

    > Does that adapter allow for the full extension
    > at telephoto setting? Seems shorter than the
    > lensesmateonline.com version.

    Not sure. But I think that the A80 may extend the lens a bit further than
    the A70, A75, etc., and the lensmateonline.com tube specifies only the A80.

    I can't imagine that it doesn't allow full extension with a filter on the
    end.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 5, 2004
  6. Willis Speck

    Jerry D. Guest

    Steve, Have you seen any reviews that recommend the best value among
    these Kodak, Kenko, Retinar, Sony and Tiffin add-on lenses.

    THX,

    Jerry

    Jerry D., May 5, 2004
  7. Willis Speck

    Chicha Guest

    "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message news:<Px8mc.8026$>...
    > "Irwell" <> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 05 May 2004 05:06:49 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >"Willis Speck" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > >I would not do what you are doing. The Canon 52mm adapter blocks the AF
    > > >assist light, the viewfinder and the flash
    > > >
    > > >Get a 37mm lens tube for the Canon A75 (not the Canon LA-DC52), see
    > > >http://www.cameragear.com/detail.asp?product_id=J60. This fits the A60

    > and
    > > >A70, call to be sure that it fits the A75 as well.
    > > >

    > > Does that adapter allow for the full extension
    > > at telephoto setting? Seems shorter than the
    > > lensesmateonline.com version.

    > Not sure. But I think that the A80 may extend the lens a bit further than
    > the A70, A75, etc., and the lensmateonline.com tube specifies only the A80.
    >
    > I can't imagine that it doesn't allow full extension with a filter on the
    > end.

    "model A80 MUST use a 37-37mm spacer ring that is sold separately"

    http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product_main/bow-aub37a60.html

    NIck(Chicha).

    Chicha, May 6, 2004
  8. "Jerry D." <> wrote in message
    > Steve, Have you seen any reviews that recommend the best value among
    > these Kodak, Kenko, Retinar, Sony and Tiffin add-on lenses.

    No. When I bought a wide-angle adapter for my G2 I got the Olympus lens, as
    it was all that was available (49mm IIRC). It was a similar issue with the
    Canon lens tube and wide angle lens.

    I suspect that none of the wide-angle/telephoto adapters are all that great.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 6, 2004