    windows xp professional.

    I have 4 more of these cameras for windows 2000 laptops?
    Any ideas thanks gc

    gclinard, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Canon A70 as flash memory

    On 4 Feb 2004 15:21:31 -0800, gclinard <> wrote:

    > during the install. Both systems rebooted and camera was connected to
    > both but only the XP sees the camera as a disk drive and I can copy
    > files from camera to network shares. The windows 2000 professional can

    Have you ever been able to use your A70 as a USB drive? I would like to
    store data other than the pictues I take on the camera, but it doesn't
    seem possible. Is it?

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Myklebust, Feb 5, 2004

  3. gclinard

    Mark B. Guest

    "gclinard" <> wrote in message
    > Just installed two canon a70 powershot camera's on a windows xp
    > professional and windows 2000 laptops. All patches are current of the
    > operating system per the windows update. I used the administrator
    > account to install the software. All virus scanner were disabled
    > during the install. Both systems rebooted and camera was connected to
    > both but only the XP sees the camera as a disk drive and I can copy
    > files from camera to network shares. The windows 2000 professional can
    > run the canon software but only copy files to local drives not the
    > network. The windows 2k does have the still image services running.
    >
    > After reading this news group it appears I have 2 options first buy
    > a memory card reader and add to the USB device or second upgrade to
    > windows xp professional.
    >
    > I have 4 more of these cameras for windows 2000 laptops?
    > Any ideas thanks gc

    External card reader is the way to go, especially if you have other cameras.

    Mark

    Mark B., Feb 5, 2004
  4. gclinard

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Re: Canon A70 as flash memory

    Benjamin Myklebust wrote:

    > On 4 Feb 2004 15:21:31 -0800, gclinard <> wrote:
    >
    >> during the install. Both systems rebooted and camera was connected to
    >> both but only the XP sees the camera as a disk drive and I can copy
    >> files from camera to network shares. The windows 2000 professional can

    > Have you ever been able to use your A70 as a USB drive? I would like to
    > store data other than the pictues I take on the camera, but it doesn't
    > seem possible. Is it?
    >

    > Benjamin

    Many of the new cameras use a different protocol (PTP) rather than
    appearing as a disk drive. The result is more flexibility as a picture
    input device, but none as a removeable media data device. If you want
    to use your cards for data storage, an inexpensive card reader will do
    the job nicely, and faster than the camera in most cases.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 5, 2004