    alot of purple fringing. Is there any tricks to minimizing the amount of
    fringing I get.
    Thanks RickB
    Rick, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Rick

    JohnR Guest

    If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made for
    this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
    John

    JohnR, Nov 14, 2004

  3. JohnR wrote:
    > If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made
    > for this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
    > John

    A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into Paint
    Shop Pro 9.

    David
    David J Taylor, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Rick

    Ron Joiner Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:
    > JohnR wrote:
    >
    >>If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made
    >>for this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
    >>John

    > A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into Paint
    > Shop Pro 9.
    >
    > David

    Does version 8 have it David?
    Ron Joiner, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Rick

    Renee Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon A70 and I am very pleased with it. I take mostly outdoor
    >pictures and thus there are are a lot a trees and blue skies. This leads to
    >alot of purple fringing. Is there any tricks to minimizing the amount of
    >fringing I get.
    > Thanks RickB

    Rick,

    Does your camera allow manual adjustment of the aperture setting? Courtesy
    of Sleeperman, here's his tip for minimizing the amount of purple fringing
    you get in the first place:

    It can be reduced by closing the aperture by one or two values
    (using a higher F-stop value).

    The original post pertains to a different Canon model, but it should work on
    yours as well.

    Renee
    Renee, Nov 15, 2004
  6. Ron Joiner wrote:
    > David J Taylor wrote:

    []
    >> A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into
    >> Paint Shop Pro 9.
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    > Does version 8 have it David?

    No, it's one of the reasons to upgrade to V9, the other being the Digitcal
    Camera Noise Reduction function, which also works very effectively.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Nov 15, 2004
  7. David J Taylor wrote:

    > Ron Joiner wrote:
    >
    >>David J Taylor wrote:

    > []
    >
    >>>A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into
    >>>Paint Shop Pro 9.
    >>>
    >>>David
    >>>

    >>Does version 8 have it David?

    > No, it's one of the reasons to upgrade to V9, the other being the Digitcal
    > Camera Noise Reduction function, which also works very effectively.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    I'm pretty much sold on PSP so I think it may be worthwhile to upgrade.
    Rockin Ronnie, Nov 15, 2004