    A80?

    __________________________________________________________________ Mário
    Diogo ICQ#: 164987050 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

    Bill, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Bill

    Graham Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > Is it possible the price of the Canon a70 fall after the release of
    > Canon A80?

    The price of the A70 is unlikely to fall whilst demand exceeds supply.
    The A70 seems to be suppressing demand for the A60 - lots of people
    here, including me, have commented that they set out to buy 2Mp and
    finished up choosing the A60 then spending a little more.

    However the A80 seems to me to be too different and too much more
    expensive to affect demand for the A70.

    Graham, Aug 27, 2003

  3. SV: Canon A70 price after A80 release

    Graham <> skrev i
    diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:...
    > Bill wrote:
    > > Is it possible the price of the Canon a70 fall after the release of
    > > Canon A80?

    > The price of the A70 is unlikely to fall whilst demand exceeds supply.
    > The A70 seems to be suppressing demand for the A60 - lots of people
    > here, including me, have commented that they set out to buy 2Mp and
    > finished up choosing the A60 then spending a little more.
    >
    > However the A80 seems to me to be too different and too much more
    > expensive to affect demand for the A70.

    When CCD's fall in price it will not be possible to motivate such a good
    camera together with a 2Mpix as A60.
    Soon only toy-cameras will have 2Mpix.

    2Mpix is enough to take good pictures, but it will not be rational to
    combine a 300$ housing and a 10$ CCD, wich very soon will be the case.

    Naturally the price will fall! ...how much is the question.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Bill

    Graham Guest

    Re: SV: Canon A70 price after A80 release

    Morgan Ohlson wrote:
    > When CCD's fall in price it will not be possible to motivate such a
    > good camera together with a 2Mpix as A60.
    > Soon only toy-cameras will have 2Mpix.

    It's already happened of course - you can no longer buy a good quality
    new digital camera with only 1.3Mp.

    1.3Mp is 1024 x 768, which is many people's screen resolution, 2Mp is
    1600 x 1200 which pretty much covers everyone, so it will be interesting
    to see if the market is completely driven by the demand for digital
    cameras for printing or if in fact there is a residual demand for decent
    digital cameras with only sufficient resolution for computer screens.
    Certainly I don't expect to ever print more than a very occasional
    picture, my A70 was bought entirely for computer based pictures.

    > Naturally the price will fall! ...how much is the question.

    No, "How soon?" is the question.

    Graham, Aug 30, 2003
  5. SV: SV: Canon A70 price after A80 release

    Graham <> skrev i
    diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:...
    > > Graham skrev:
    > > > The A70 seems to be suppressing demand for the A60 - lots of
    > > > people here, including me, have commented that they set out to buy
    > > > 2Mp and finished up choosing the A60 then spending a little more.

    > Morgan Ohlson wrote:
    > > When CCD's fall in price it will not be possible to motivate such a
    > > good camera together with a 2Mpix as A60.
    > > Soon only toy-cameras will have 2Mpix.

    > It's already happened of course - you can no longer buy a good quality
    > new digital camera with only 1.3Mp.
    >
    > 1.3Mp is 1024 x 768, which is many people's screen resolution, 2Mp is
    > 1600 x 1200 which pretty much covers everyone, so it will be interesting
    > to see if the market is completely driven by the demand for digital
    > cameras for printing or if in fact there is a residual demand for decent
    > digital cameras with only sufficient resolution for computer screens.
    > Certainly I don't expect to ever print more than a very occasional
    > picture, my A70 was bought entirely for computer based pictures.
    >
    > > Naturally the price will fall! ...how much is the question.

    > No, "How soon?" is the question.

    Same day as A80 is in stores the A70 will fall.

    Only few will buy the A70 if the price difference is 10-15%. My guess is
    that the difference in price between 3 and 4Mpix (alone) should motivate
    minimum 20% difference in price.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Aug 31, 2003