    Is this focus problem normal in the A70, or should I get it looked at?

    cheers,
    Matt.

    Matt., Aug 3, 2004

  2. Matt.

    Marli Guest

    A link to an image will help us.

    "Matt." <> wrote in message
    news:lsMPc.22940$...
    > Hi all!
    >
    > It's been awhile since I've posted here. I've been incredibly content

    with
    > my A70. I've even taken some shots that others have said "wow" about.

    Last
    > Saturday I was at a backyard pig roast, and there was a live band, and I
    > took some shots, and the band later approached me and asked if I'd be
    > willing to do some pics for their upcoming CD.
    >
    > So, I said yes.
    >
    > And the only question I have now is this:
    > when I'm in Av, Tv, or full manual, occasionally shots at night are not
    > sharp. In fact, they're pretty blurry, and it's not because of the

    tripod.

    Marli, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Matt.

    Matt. Guest

    Hhmmm.

    Haven't set up a web page for this stuff. You'll have to give me 12 hours
    or so. I'm working until 5 PM EST.

    cheers,
    Matt.

    Matt., Aug 3, 2004
  4. "Matt." <> wrote in message
    > Hhmmm.
    >
    > Haven't set up a web page for this stuff. You'll have to give me 12 hours
    > or so. I'm working until 5 PM EST.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Matt.
    >
    > "Marli" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > A link to an image will help us.
    > >

    > > "Matt." <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all!
    > > >
    > > > It's been awhile since I've posted here. I've been incredibly content

    > > with
    > > > my A70. I've even taken some shots that others have said "wow" about.

    > > Last
    > > > Saturday I was at a backyard pig roast, and there was a live band, and

    > > > took some shots, and the band later approached me and asked if I'd be
    > > > willing to do some pics for their upcoming CD.
    > > >
    > > > So, I said yes.
    > > >
    > > > And the only question I have now is this:
    > > > when I'm in Av, Tv, or full manual, occasionally shots at night are

    not
    > > > sharp. In fact, they're pretty blurry, and it's not because of the

    > > tripod.
    > > > Is this focus problem normal in the A70, or should I get it looked at?
    > > >
    > > > cheers,
    > > > Matt.

    DO you know what ISO the camera is using - higher ISO speeds make better use
    of available light but with a loss of sharpness. Also are you using a slow
    shutter speed as this will introduce an element of blur if the subject is
    not stationary.

    Andy

    Andrew Portess, Aug 3, 2004