    What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

    Regards

    Pat Macguire
    Syke, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Syke

    Ronald Hands Guest

    Syke wrote:
    > What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

    Sanyo's Eneloop.

    But it doesn't really matter what you use. The camera is remarkably
    easy on batteries. The manual claims 350 shots on a set of alkalines
    with the LCD monitor on and flash used "once for every two shots". The
    same source says 500 shots using NiMH batteries.

    -- Ron
    Ronald Hands, Nov 29, 2006

  3. Syke

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Ronald Hands wrote:
    > Syke wrote:
    >> What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)

    > Sanyo's Eneloop.
    >
    > But it doesn't really matter what you use. The camera is remarkably
    > easy on batteries. The manual claims 350 shots on a set of alkalines
    > with the LCD monitor on and flash used "once for every two shots". The
    > same source says 500 shots using NiMH batteries.
    >
    > -- Ron

    Using eneloops, I've just got 650 shots in an A95 over a period of over
    2 months from purchase (mid September) without an initial charge. Since
    these are made in Japan it's safe to assume at least 3 months from
    initial charge. I've never gotten this type of performance from normal
    NiMH's used over an equivalent time period. I would expect the A630 to
    do better than an A95. Sanyo has an agreement with Rayovac so we'll be
    seeing more of these low self discharge types.
    Note: Some people shoot more than my 650 shots in a day's outing. So for
    heavy users, higher capacity normal NiMH might be a better choice.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Nov 29, 2006
  4. Syke

    JohnR66 Guest

    "Syke" <> wrote in message
    > What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pat Macguire

    Battery life in the camera is remarkable. If you you shoot over 200 images
    in a period of a month, go rechargable, if not, go Alkaline, otherwise you
    would have to charge the rechargables often to be sure they wouldn't be flat
    on you.
    John
    JohnR66, Nov 29, 2006
  5. Syke

    Dave Cohen Guest

    JohnR66 wrote:
    > "Syke" <> wrote in message
    >> What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Pat Macguire
    >>

    > Battery life in the camera is remarkable. If you you shoot over 200 images
    > in a period of a month, go rechargable, if not, go Alkaline, otherwise you
    > would have to charge the rechargables often to be sure they wouldn't be flat
    > on you.
    > John

    In light of my post, probably not seen by you when you posted, you might
    want to revise that opinion. Prior to the low self discharge offerings I
    would have agreed with you.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Nov 30, 2006
  6. Syke

    Syke Guest

    "Syke" <> wrote in message
    > What's the best battery for the above camera currently? (UK)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pat Macguire

    Thanks for taking the time everybody.
    Pat Macguire