Canon a570 vs a710

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TheMafioso, May 7, 2007.

  1. TheMafioso

    TheMafioso

    Joined:
    May 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Guys,

    I need to pickup PS digital camera soon. Doing some research i've zeroed in on either Canon a570 IS or a710 IS, but i'm unable to decide between the two :dong:

    Both these models are very similar, and apparently both are excellent However, I've found these differences between them, doing a Side by Side on both these cameras

    ---------------------------a570------------a710
    Zoom tele (T)-----------140 mm (4 x)----210 mm (6 x)
    Normal focus range------45 cm-----------55 cm
    Macro focus range-------5 cm------------1 cm
    Aperture range----------F2.6 - F5.5----- F2.8 - F4.8

    Also processing engine of a570 is Digic III which means new features like face detection and 640x480 movies@60FPS...

    My concern is mostly 4x optical zoom of a570 vs 6x optical of a710 ..
    Will it be significant, as I don't have much experience of shooting with digital camera's...The camera will mostly be used for general purpose, like shooting pics on vacations, etc...

    So guys, help me decide which one is better camera between the two as they both are available for similar prices...

    Regards,

    TheMafioso, May 7, 2007