    DaveC

    This is an invalid return address
    Please reply in the news group
    DaveC, Feb 28, 2005

  2. DaveC

    Jim Townsend Guest

    DaveC wrote:

    > When I plug the USB cable into my Mac and into the A20, nothing shows up on
    > teh desktop. When I open iPhoto, the app recognizes the camera and I can
    > download the photos.
    >
    > One or two other cameras I've plugged in show up on the desktop as a mounted
    > volume. This happens without installing drivers or any software.
    >
    > Why won't this camera do the "mount" thing, also? Am I doing something wrong?

    You can't treat Canon cameras as a drive.. For some reason Canon cameras
    don't support USB mass storage. I have no idea why.

    A few other brands are like this as well.
    Jim Townsend, Feb 28, 2005

  3. DaveC

    Erik Guest

    In article <>,
    DaveC <> wrote:

    > When I plug the USB cable into my Mac and into the A20, nothing shows up on
    > teh desktop. When I open iPhoto, the app recognizes the camera and I can
    > download the photos.
    >
    > One or two other cameras I've plugged in show up on the desktop as a mounted
    > volume. This happens without installing drivers or any software.
    >
    > Why won't this camera do the "mount" thing, also? Am I doing something wrong?

    I have an A20 and eMac.

    When I plug in the camera to the keyboard via USB cable, 'Image Capture'
    opens, and I just download the images to my desktop.

    Check your 'Image Capture' 'Camera' prefs. It's setting choices are
    'Image Capture', 'iPhoto', or 'No Application'. I bet it's set to 'No
    Application' now.

    I didn't install any of the software included with the camera... it's
    doesn't seem to be required.

    Good Luck!

    Erik
    Erik, Feb 28, 2005
  4. In article <>, DaveC
    <> wrote:

    > When I plug the USB cable into my Mac and into the A20, nothing shows up on
    > teh desktop. When I open iPhoto, the app recognizes the camera and I can
    > download the photos.
    >
    > One or two other cameras I've plugged in show up on the desktop as a mounted
    > volume. This happens without installing drivers or any software.
    >
    > Why won't this camera do the "mount" thing, also? Am I doing something wrong?

    Ever heard of a memory card reader?
    Randall Ainsworth, Feb 28, 2005
  5. DaveC

    G.T. Guest

    "DaveC" <> wrote in message
    > When I plug the USB cable into my Mac and into the A20, nothing shows up

    on
    > teh desktop. When I open iPhoto, the app recognizes the camera and I can
    > download the photos.
    >
    > One or two other cameras I've plugged in show up on the desktop as a

    mounted
    > volume. This happens without installing drivers or any software.
    >
    > Why won't this camera do the "mount" thing, also? Am I doing something

    wrong?

    Others have given suggestions as to why it doesn't mount but I'd say get
    card reader. Much faster and for me it's much more convenient.

    Greg
    G.T., Feb 28, 2005