Canon A-series soft image problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MB_, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. MB_

    MB_ Guest

    Someone named Steve said:

    The A series Canon soft image problem, is a very real problem and it has
    > been known for several years. It was quite noticable in the A series
    > Canon that I formerly owned. Besides the soft image problem, my A series
    > Canon had 2 defects that Canon FAILED to repair 3 times so I would not
    > recommend an A series Canon to you.

    Can someone elaborate? What is a soft image problem?

    Mel
    MB_, Nov 12, 2004

  2. MB_

    Dave Cohen Guest

    I have a canon A40. The only thing I ever see is when taking shots of
    foliage, they seem to benefit from some sharpening in the photo editor.
    Other than that, I fail to see the problem. My understanding is due to the
    way the image is captured and processed withing the camera some sharpening
    is applied and this may vary from camera to camera. It would never influence
    my choice of another canon, I would like the A95 but frankly the images from
    the A40 are such I can't really justify one for the mainly 4x6 sizes I
    print.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Nov 14, 2004