    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Blog and Podcast http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

    wayne, Jun 9, 2006

  2. wayne wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've been testing the Canon 5D with a Hoya R72 IR filter. The results
    > are up here
    > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=563>
    > or you can also find it with the other 16 cameras tested this way here:
    > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/digitalir/digitalir.php>

    Wow! Some of those single channel monochromes are dynamite! Look
    complete at least on size shown.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 9, 2006

  3. wayne

    wayne Guest

    Hi John,

    Thanks. Provided you don't mind the long exposures you can get some
    good images out of the 5D in IR.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    wayne, Jun 10, 2006
  4. wayne

    Annika1980 Guest

    I've considered having my D60 modified for IR Photography. This
    involves taking it apart and replacing the hotmirror with an IR filter.
    The advantage of doing it this way is that you can pretty much use the
    camera's exposure meter, avoiding the long exposure times required
    otherwise. The disadvantage of course is that you are now limited to
    IR photography. Since I rarely use the D60 any more, I figured what
    the heck.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Annika1980, Jun 10, 2006
  5. Annika1980 wrote:
    > I've considered having my D60 modified for IR Photography. This
    > involves taking it apart and replacing the hotmirror with an IR filter.
    > The advantage of doing it this way is that you can pretty much use the
    > camera's exposure meter, avoiding the long exposure times required
    > otherwise. The disadvantage of course is that you are now limited to
    > IR photography. Since I rarely use the D60 any more, I figured what
    > the heck.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this?

    If you need to, you can also purchase an external hot mirror ($$$!?),
    and return the D60 to regularly scheduled programming if necessary.

    I actually prefer using a good non-dslr style camera for IR. Live
    preview is a big help when framing or just scoping around the area like
    a drunken Borg drone.

    Corry

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    "NSA is now funding research not only in cryptography, but in all areas
    of advanced mathematics. If you'd like a circular describing these new
    research opportunities, just pick up your phone, call your mother, and
    ask for one." -unknown

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Jun 10, 2006