    appreciated.

    Thank you,
    JS

    Jonathan Stryker, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Jonathan Stryker

    RAD Guest

    According to Canon, your flash will work with the Digital Rebel.

    RAD, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Jonathan Stryker

    dajaxon Guest

    I have a D30 - but was not impressed with the performance of the 550EX flash
    on this camera.
    I'd say you should buy a cheaper flash and get the same result.

    Jacques

    dajaxon, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Jonathan Stryker

    Deathwalker Guest

    "dajaxon" <> wrote in message
    > I have a D30 - but was not impressed with the performance of the 550EX

    flash
    > on this camera.
    > I'd say you should buy a cheaper flash and get the same result.

    The d30 was their first attempt. It failed. D60 was much better. D10
    almost right. D300 d10 hobbled for value end. next one should be the
    clincher (crosses fingers).

    Deathwalker, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Jonathan Stryker

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <0jArb.485$>, ian-
    spam says...
    > The d30 was their first attempt. It failed. D60 was much better. D10
    > almost right. D300 d10 hobbled for value end. next one should be the
    > clincher (crosses fingers).

    The D30 failed? Interesting. Got any evidence to back that up? If I
    remember correctly they couldn't keep them on the shelves. Same problem
    with the D60 and 10D.

    What is only "almost right" about the 10D? What does yours not do that
    you would like for it to do? What shortcomings have you found in your
    photography?

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Jonathan Stryker

    Mark B. Guest

    "Deathwalker" <> wrote in message

    > "dajaxon" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a D30 - but was not impressed with the performance of the 550EX

    > flash
    > > on this camera.
    > > I'd say you should buy a cheaper flash and get the same result.

    > The d30 was their first attempt. It failed.

    Mine must be defective, because I don't have any problems with the 420EX.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 10, 2003
  7. Jonathan Stryker

    Deathwalker Guest

    "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <0jArb.485$>, ian-
    > spam says...
    > > The d30 was their first attempt. It failed. D60 was much better. D10
    > > almost right. D300 d10 hobbled for value end. next one should be the
    > > clincher (crosses fingers).

    > The D30 failed? Interesting. Got any evidence to back that up? If I
    > remember correctly they couldn't keep them on the shelves. Same problem
    > with the D60 and 10D.
    >
    > What is only "almost right" about the 10D? What does yours not do that
    > you would like for it to do? What shortcomings have you found in your
    > photography?

    The d 30 was horribly slow focusing. Doesn't get along with the 28-105 usm
    IS. The d60 corrected that to an extent. The d10 performs much more like
    the eos 10 equivalent maybe an eos 5. Noise levels are much lower on the
    d10. The d10 does have problems focusing on a few wide lenses.

    Deathwalker, Nov 10, 2003