Canon 50D Specs

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Aug 22, 2008

  2. On 8/22/2008 10:28 AM Annika1980 spake thus:

    > Full specs on the new 50D can be found here. Looks like a 40D with
    > slightly more megapixels.
    >
    > http://www.photographybay.com/2008/08/21/canon-50d-info-leaked-real-specs/

    This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

    Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
    of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

    rec.photo.digital
    rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
    rec.photo.digital.slr
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
    or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

    --
    "In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
    population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

    - Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
    presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
    Authority".
    David Nebenzahl, Aug 22, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    No Spam Guest

    "David Nebenzahl" <> wrote in message
    > On 8/22/2008 10:28 AM Annika1980 spake thus:
    >
    >> Full specs on the new 50D can be found here. Looks like a 40D with
    >> slightly more megapixels.
    >>
    >> http://www.photographybay.com/2008/08/21/canon-50d-info-leaked-real-specs/

    > This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm, which
    > is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital cameras
    > that look like 35mm SLRs.

    What is FILM???
    No Spam, Aug 22, 2008
  4. On 8/22/2008 11:57 AM No Spam spake thus:

    > "David Nebenzahl" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> On 8/22/2008 10:28 AM Annika1980 spake thus:
    >>
    >>> Full specs on the new 50D can be found here. Looks like a 40D with
    >>> slightly more megapixels.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photographybay.com/2008/08/21/canon-50d-info-leaked-real-specs/

    >> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm, which
    >> is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital cameras
    >> that look like 35mm SLRs.
    >>

    > What is FILM???

    Good question, but I've got a better one: what is "digital"?

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 22, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    SMS Guest

    No Spam wrote:
    > "David Nebenzahl" <> wrote in message
    >> On 8/22/2008 10:28 AM Annika1980 spake thus:
    >>
    >>> Full specs on the new 50D can be found here. Looks like a 40D with
    >>> slightly more megapixels.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photographybay.com/2008/08/21/canon-50d-info-leaked-real-specs/

    >> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm, which
    >> is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital cameras
    >> that look like 35mm SLRs.
    >>

    > What is FILM???

    The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The post
    is on-topic.
    SMS, Aug 22, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    > On 8/22/2008 11:57 AM No Spam spake thus:
    >
    >> "David Nebenzahl" <> wrote in message
    > >
    >>> On 8/22/2008 10:28 AM Annika1980 spake thus:

    >>> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    >>> which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    >>> cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
    >>>

    >> What is FILM???

    > Good question, but I've got a better one: what is "digital"?

    Ask me in a couple years when film is gone
    No Spam, Aug 22, 2008
  7. On 8/22/2008 12:56 PM the_niner_nation spake thus:

    > "SMS" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> No Spam wrote:
    >>
    >>> "David Nebenzahl" <> wrote in message

    >>> What is FILM???

    >> The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The post
    >> is on-topic.

    > it's definatly ON TOPIC..I have often shot 35mm with a DSLR.

    No, you only think you have. 35mm is a film format. The DSLRs are 35mm
    camera look-alikes. Just because they use some of the same lenses
    doesn't make them 35mm cameras.

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 23, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:28:27 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 <>
    wrote:
    : Full specs on the new 50D can be found here. Looks like a 40D with
    : slightly more megapixels.
    :
    : http://www.photographybay.com/2008/08/21/canon-50d-info-leaked-real-specs/

    To me the biggest disappointment (assuming the posted information is correct)
    is that the choice of focusing screens hasn't been improved over the 40D.

    And when, if ever, is it coming out? Is Canon waiting for Nikon to corner the
    market first?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Aug 23, 2008
  9. David, how about getting a life instead of playing the cop ?

    BTW, do you know what is a killfile ?
    Maurice Blanchard, Aug 23, 2008
  10. "Robert Coe" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:28:27 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 <>
    > wrote:
    > : Full specs on the new 50D can be found here. Looks like a 40D with
    > : slightly more megapixels.
    > :
    > :

    http://www.photographybay.com/2008/08/21/canon-50d-info-leaked-real-specs/

    > To me the biggest disappointment (assuming the posted information is

    correct)
    > is that the choice of focusing screens hasn't been improved over the 40D.

    hahahaha

    > And when, if ever, is it coming out? Is Canon waiting for Nikon to corner

    the
    > market first?

    obviously , you dont know Canon. It will be announced next week and
    available in store by the end of september.
    Maurice Blanchard, Aug 23, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    > On 8/22/2008 12:56 PM the_niner_nation spake thus:
    >
    >> "SMS" <> wrote in message

    >>> The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The post
    >>> is on-topic.

    >> it's definatly ON TOPIC..I have often shot 35mm with a DSLR.

    > No, you only think you have. 35mm is a film format. The DSLRs are 35mm
    > camera look-alikes. Just because they use some of the same lenses doesn't
    > make them 35mm cameras.

    I use a 35mm lens on my dSLR

    FILM IS DEAD, GET OVER IT! Locally labs are going out of business. I guess
    film will disappear within 5 years.
    No Spam, Aug 23, 2008
  12. On 8/23/2008 8:16 AM No Spam spake thus:

    > "David Nebenzahl" <> wrote in message
    >> On 8/22/2008 12:56 PM the_niner_nation spake thus:
    >>
    >>> "SMS" <> wrote in message

    >>> it's definatly ON TOPIC..I have often shot 35mm with a DSLR.

    >> No, you only think you have. 35mm is a film format. The DSLRs are 35mm
    >> camera look-alikes. Just because they use some of the same lenses doesn't
    >> make them 35mm cameras.
    >>

    > I use a 35mm lens on my dSLR
    >
    > FILM IS DEAD, GET OVER IT! Locally labs are going out of business. I guess
    > film will disappear within 5 years.

    Even if that were true (and I don't think it is, but that's another
    whole discussion), it's got nothing to do with the inappropriateness of
    posts about digital cameras here.

    How 'bout we say that when film is officially dead, then y'all can come
    back and post here, OK?

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 23, 2008
  13. In article <48afa782$0$31974$>, David
    Nebenzahl <> writes
    >On 8/22/2008 12:56 PM the_niner_nation spake thus:
    >
    >> "SMS" <> wrote in message

    >>> The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The
    >>>post is on-topic.

    >> it's definatly ON TOPIC..I have often shot 35mm with a DSLR.

    >No, you only think you have.

    No I don't. I shoot with a 35mm sensor in a dSLR.

    >35mm is a film format.

    It is also a digital sensor format. In both cases, the image is 36x24mm
    +/- some tolerances which have never actually been defined for the film
    medium, but are often provided with the camera, whether film or digital.

    >The DSLRs are 35mm camera look-alikes.

    Some are, but that does not mean that ALL dSLRs are 35mm look-alikes.
    --
    Kennedy
    Kennedy McEwen, Aug 23, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    No Spam wrote,on my timestamp of 23/08/2008 6:04 AM:

    >> Good question, but I've got a better one: what is "digital"?
    >>

    > Ask me in a couple years when film is gone

    Stop repeating yourself, that's an old one...
    Noons, Aug 24, 2008
  15. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    SMS wrote,on my timestamp of 23/08/2008 5:31 AM:

    > The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The post
    > is on-topic.

    No it's not. The 50D is NOT a 35mm camera
    nor does it have a 35mm size sensor.
    Keep this crap in the digital groups
    where it belongs!
    Noons, Aug 24, 2008
  16. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote,on my timestamp of 24/08/2008 5:07 AM:
    > In article <g8p9l2$f37$>, No Spam says...
    >> I guess
    >> film will disappear within 5 years.

    before it was 2, now it's 5....

    dear me, pretty soon its gonna be forever!

    > While that is a possibility, film will continue to exist for a while in
    > some niches. It will take some time for instance before we have the
    > digital equivalent of a large format camera.

    or even anything REMOTELY matching a medium format one:
    http://wizofoz2k.deviantart.com/journal/20107727/
    Noons, Aug 24, 2008
  17. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/08/2008 11:19 PM:

    > To me the biggest disappointment (assuming the posted information is correct)
    > is that the choice of focusing screens hasn't been improved over the 40D.
    >
    > And when, if ever, is it coming out? Is Canon waiting for Nikon to corner the
    > market first?

    It's just a rinse-and-repeat from a company with
    a doctorate on the subject. Nothing to see here,
    move along...
    Noons, Aug 24, 2008
  18. Annika1980

    SMS Guest

    Noons wrote:
    > SMS wrote,on my timestamp of 23/08/2008 5:31 AM:
    >

    >> The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The
    >> post is on-topic.

    > No it's not. The 50D is NOT a 35mm camera
    > nor does it have a 35mm size sensor.

    Read the charter.
    SMS, Aug 24, 2008
  19. Annika1980

    SMS Guest

    Maurice Blanchard wrote:
    > David, how about getting a life instead of playing the cop ?
    >
    > BTW, do you know what is a killfile ?

    I'm in one of my kill-file moods where I lose any interest in arguing
    with trolls, net-cops, and obtuse posters, and simply add them to the
    filters along with the usual subject words of premodded game consoles,
    watches, jeans, shoes, make money on the internet, etc. It's amazing how
    large the message filter log gets in just a few days.

    One key thing in Thunderbird's news reader is to kill-file globally
    rather than by individual newsgroup, as many of the problem posters are
    posting on many different subjects in many different groups.
    SMS, Aug 24, 2008
  20. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    SMS wrote,on my timestamp of 24/08/2008 11:12 AM:

    >>> The charter for rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film. The
    >>> post is on-topic.

    >> No it's not. The 50D is NOT a 35mm camera
    >> nor does it have a 35mm size sensor.

    > Read the charter.

    why don't you?
    Noons, Aug 24, 2008