    --
    Sheila
    http://swdalton.com
    Sheila, Dec 26, 2008

  2. Sheila

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Dec 25, 9:52 pm, Sheila <> wrote:
    > My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
    >
    > His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
    > My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%.  Does anyone have any ideas
    > or is the 50D just a piece of junk?
    > --
    > Sheilahttp://swdalton.com

    It's a piece of junk. Send it to me for proper recycling.
    Nervous Nick, Dec 26, 2008

  3. Sheila

    J. Clarke Guest

    Sheila wrote:
    > My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
    >
    > His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I
    > try. My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have
    > any ideas or is the 50D just a piece of junk?

    What do you mean vy "at 100%"?

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
    J. Clarke, Dec 26, 2008
  4. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    J. Clarke wrote:
    > Sheila wrote:
    >> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
    >>
    >> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I
    >> try. My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have
    >> any ideas or is the 50D just a piece of junk?

    > What do you mean vy "at 100%"?

    When you view the photo at 100% of its size.

    --
    Sheila
    http://swdalton.com
    Sheila, Dec 26, 2008
  5. Sheila

    eatmorepies Guest

    "Sheila" <> wrote in message
    > My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
    >
    > His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
    > My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas or
    > is the 50D just a piece of junk?
    > --

    My 50D takes very sharp photos - I do use expensive lenses though. They
    don't look as sharp on the camera screen as they do on the monitor, but you
    soon get used to what good focus looks like on the camera screen. Also - do
    use the focus calibration provision; I had to set 2 L lenses off zero to get
    perfection.

    John
    eatmorepies, Dec 26, 2008
  6. Sheila

    measekite Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:09:28 +0000, eatmorepies wrote:

    > "Sheila" <> wrote in message
    >> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
    >>
    >> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
    >> My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas or
    >> is the 50D just a piece of junk?
    >> --

    > My 50D takes very sharp photos - I do use expensive lenses though. They
    > don't look as sharp on the camera screen as they do on the monitor, but you
    > soon get used to what good focus looks like on the camera screen. Also - do
    > use the focus calibration provision; I had to set 2 L lenses off zero to get
    > perfection.
    >
    > John

    For users who have used or have seen both the printed results (12x18) or
    so between (cropped 20%) an image taken with a 50D and one taken with a
    Canon 5D or a 5D/2 what differences they see. How much better is the 5D's
    over the 50D?
    measekite, Dec 26, 2008
  7. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    Sheila wrote:
    > My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
    >
    > His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
    > My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas
    > or is the 50D just a piece of junk?

    Thanks everyone, lens calibration took care of the problem.

    --
    Sheila
    http://swdalton.com
    Sheila, Dec 26, 2008
  8. Sheila

    RustY © Guest

    "Sheila" <> wrote in message
    > Sheila wrote:

    > Thanks everyone, lens calibration took care of the problem.

    How did you calibrate it / them ?
    RustY ©, Dec 28, 2008
  9. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    RustY © wrote:
    > "Sheila" <> wrote in message
    >> Sheila wrote:

    >> Thanks everyone, lens calibration took care of the problem.
    >>

    > How did you calibrate it / them ?

    Do a search on google search for the eos 50D AF microadjustment.

    In the manual for the 50D pg 180 describes how to do an AF Microadjustment.

    Sheila
    http://swdalton.com
    Sheila, Dec 28, 2008
  10. Sheila

    RustY © Guest

    "Sheila" <> wrote in message

    > In the manual for the 50D pg 180 describes how to do an AF

    Microadjustment.

    Thanks for that
    RustY ©, Dec 28, 2008