    printer (i950) and this allows a photocopy function where the print
    starts before the scan has completed.

    thanks for any response.

    Stephen Smith, Aug 30, 2003

  2. "Stephen Smith" <> wrote:
    > I have bought a Canon 5000f scanner and aren't terribly impressed with
    > its color reproduction.
    >
    > Manual is hopless and I thought I was not using the color matching
    > capability properly. Rang Canon support and was told that the scanner
    > saves all files using the monitor color profile when color matching is
    > enabled and this can't be changed. Doesn't sound correct to use such a
    > limited gamut as that for a monitor. Not sure if I believe what the
    > tech told me.
    >
    > I'm thinking of taking this back and attempting to change it for the
    > Epson 2400.
    >
    > Can anyone advise:
    > 1. If the tech support information sounds correct.
    > 2. If the Epson 2400 is a more capable unit.

    The Epson 3200 is an even more capable unit<g>.

    I suggest you ask on comp.periphs.scanners. The bottom line seems to be that
    for color management (and scanning in general), Vuescan is the way to go,
    but that Canon won't release its command set, and so Vuescan doesn't support
    most Canon scanners.

    Of course, you were looking at US$200 or so scanners and I'm trying to sell
    you a $300 scanner and a $100 software package...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Aug 30, 2003