Canon 40d

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Samantha Booth, Dec 17, 2008.

  1. Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

    Samantha Booth, Dec 17, 2008

  2. Samantha Booth

    Silicon Sam Guest

    On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <>
    wrote:
    > "Samantha Booth" <> wrote in message

    > > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

    > Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take please.. I
    > cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

    It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
    mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
    etc...

    Silicon Sam, Dec 17, 2008

    wrote:
    > "Samantha Booth" <> wrote in message

    > > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

    > Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take please.
    > cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

    It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
    mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
    etc...

    Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

    Samantha Booth, Dec 17, 2008
  4. Samantha Booth wrote:

    > "Silicon Sam" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <>
    > wrote:
    >> "Samantha Booth" <> wrote in message

    >> > Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

    >> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
    >> please. I
    >> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

    > It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
    > mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
    > etc...
    >
    > Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

    There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300. Works
    fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html Camera
    must accept type 2 CF cards.

    Clair

    Clair Johnston, Dec 17, 2008
  5. Samantha Booth

    Paul Furman Guest

    Clair Johnston wrote:
    > Samantha Booth wrote:
    >>
    >> "Silicon Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> "Samantha Booth" <> wrote in message

    >>> Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
    >>> please. I
    >>> cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

    >> It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
    >> mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
    >> etc...
    >>
    >> Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

    > There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300. Works
    > fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html Camera
    > must accept type 2 CF cards.

    Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
    them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
    cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
    dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for you
    but...

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Dec 18, 2008
  6. Paul Furman wrote:
    > Clair Johnston wrote:
    >> Samantha Booth wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Silicon Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
    >>> mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
    >>> etc...
    >>>
    >>> Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

    >> There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300.
    >> Works fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html
    >> Camera must accept type 2 CF cards.

    > Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
    > them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
    > cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
    > dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for you
    > but...

    What I was pointing out was that there are adapters to allow the use of
    SD cards in cameras that use CF Type 2 cards. CF Type 2 is not limited
    to microdrive as you suggest. Just to be clear, my solution was not
    microdrive, but using SD cards in my D300.

    Clair

    Clair Johnston, Dec 18, 2008
  7. Samantha Booth

    Paul Furman Guest

    Clair Johnston wrote:
    > Paul Furman wrote:
    >> Clair Johnston wrote:

    >>> There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300.
    >>> Works fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html
    >>> Camera must accept type 2 CF cards.

    >> Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
    >> them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
    >> cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
    >> dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for
    >> you but...
    >>

    > What I was pointing out was that there are adapters to allow the use of
    > SD cards in cameras that use CF Type 2 cards. CF Type 2 is not limited
    > to microdrive as you suggest. Just to be clear, my solution was not
    > microdrive, but using SD cards in my D300.

    Understood, I'm just saying it looks like CF type 2 is being phased out
    for compatibility with newer cameras.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net