    Seriously, I'm interested on your opinions.

    Thanks,

    César.

    CNDA, Apr 29, 2007

  2. CNDA

    Gadi Ben-Avi Guest

    The lenses should work fine, but don't forget that the effective focal
    length will be 1.6 times the marked focal length, so the 50mm lens will act
    like a 80 mm lens and the 28-105mm lens will act like a 49-168mm lens.

    Gadi

    "CNDA" <> wrote in message
    Hi Foks,

    perhaps this question has been asked before no dout, but I need to
    make a decision. I own an old "Rebel 2000" for which I adquired a
    Canon EF 50mm 1.4 and a 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 lenses. I've been looking
    at the newest "Rebel" (400D) with the intent of purchasing the body
    and using the above mentioned lenses.

    What do you guys think? I have a small budget and this purchase is
    subject to the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). No, getting rid of the wife
    is not an option.

    Gadi Ben-Avi, Apr 29, 2007

  3. Gadi Ben-Avi wrote:
    > The lenses should work fine, but don't forget that the effective focal
    > length will be 1.6 times the marked focal length, so the 50mm lens will act
    > like a 80 mm lens and the 28-105mm lens will act like a 49-168mm lens.
    >
    > Gadi
    >
    > "CNDA" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Foks,
    >
    > perhaps this question has been asked before no dout, but I need to
    > make a decision. I own an old "Rebel 2000" for which I adquired a
    > Canon EF 50mm 1.4 and a 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 lenses. I've been looking
    > at the newest "Rebel" (400D) with the intent of purchasing the body
    > and using the above mentioned lenses.
    >
    > What do you guys think? I have a small budget and this purchase is
    > subject to the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). No, getting rid of the wife
    > is not an option.
    >
    > Seriously, I'm interested on your opinions.

    Just do it! Have fun!

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Apr 29, 2007
  4. CNDA

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 29 Apr 2007 00:45:01 -0700, CNDA <> wrote:

    >Hi Foks,
    >
    >perhaps this question has been asked before no dout, but I need to
    >make a decision. I own an old "Rebel 2000" for which I adquired a
    >Canon EF 50mm 1.4 and a 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 lenses. I've been looking
    >at the newest "Rebel" (400D) with the intent of purchasing the body
    >and using the above mentioned lenses.
    >
    >What do you guys think? I have a small budget and this purchase is
    >subject to the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). No, getting rid of the wife
    >is not an option.
    >
    >Seriously, I'm interested on your opinions.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >César.

    All EF lenses, as well as the newer EF-S, lenses will work on the
    400D.

    The View on Disney-owned ABC dropped Rosie
    O'Donnell, even after she agreed to stop
    talking about George Bush. The president
    has no leverage over ABC. Disney is not a
    defense contractor, unless you count the
    war rationales we buy from Fantasyland.

    Bill Funk, Apr 29, 2007
  5. CNDA

    CNDA Guest

    On Apr 29, 5:48 pm, Bill Funk <> wrote:
    > On 29 Apr 2007 00:45:01 -0700, CNDA <> wrote:
    >

    > >Hi Foks,

    > >perhaps this question has been asked before no dout, but I need to
    > >make a decision. I own an old "Rebel 2000" for which I adquired a
    > >Canon EF 50mm 1.4 and a 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 lenses. I've been looking
    > >at the newest "Rebel" (400D) with the intent of purchasing the body
    > >and using the above mentioned lenses.

    > >What do you guys think? I have a small budget and this purchase is
    > >subject to the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). No, getting rid of the wife
    > >is not an option.

    > >Seriously, I'm interested on your opinions.

    > >Thanks,

    > >César.

    > All EF lenses, as well as the newer EF-S, lenses will work on the
    > 400D.
    >
    > --
    > THIS IS A SIG LINE; NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!
    >
    > The View on Disney-owned ABC dropped Rosie
    > O'Donnell, even after she agreed to stop
    > talking about George Bush. The president
    > has no leverage over ABC. Disney is not a
    > defense contractor, unless you count the
    > war rationales we buy from Fantasyland.

    Thank you very much to all of the above.

    César

    CNDA, Apr 29, 2007
  6. CNDA

    CNDA Guest

    On Apr 29, 1:39 pm, "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> wrote:
    > The lenses should work fine, but don't forget that the effective focal
    > length will be 1.6 times the marked focal length, so the 50mm lens will act
    > like a 80 mm lens and the 28-105mm lens will act like a 49-168mm lens.
    >
    > Gadi

    One more thing Gadi: and of course, I'll also loose the advantage of
    the fast 1.4 aperture in the 50mm, correct. Therefore, besides not
    having a decent wide angle, the 28-105mm becoming a 49-168mm, I'll
    reduce my capabilities in low light. Eventually, I'll be looking for
    both a wide angle and a fast 50mm for the digital machine.

    Thanks again,

    César

    CNDA, Apr 30, 2007
  7. CNDA

    Mark B. Guest

    "CNDA" <> wrote in message
    On Apr 29, 1:39 pm, "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> wrote:

    >One more thing Gadi: and of course, I'll also loose the advantage of
    >the fast 1.4 aperture in the 50mm, correct. Therefore, besides not
    >having a decent wide angle, the 28-105mm becoming a 49-168mm, I'll
    >reduce my capabilities in low light. Eventually, I'll be looking for
    >both a wide angle and a fast 50mm for the digital machine.

    Incorrect, the aperture remains unchanged.

    Mark

    Mark B., Apr 30, 2007
  8. CNDA

    Rick Guest

    "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> wrote in message
    > The lenses should work fine, but don't forget that the effective focal
    > length will be 1.6 times the marked focal length, so the 50mm lens will
    > act like a 80 mm lens and the 28-105mm lens will act like a 49-168mm lens.
    >
    > Gadi

    The effective focal length will remain the same. The FOV will be changed by
    a factor of 1.6.

    A 50mm lens will have a FOV of an 80mm lense
    A 28-105mm lens will have a FOV of a 45-168mm lens.

    FOV is a lot different from effective focal length. I'm sure you knew all
    that though.

    Rick

    :)

    Rick, May 1, 2007
  9. CNDA

    Rick, May 1, 2007
  10. CNDA

    CNDA Guest

    On May 1, 8:59 am, "Rick" <> wrote:
    > "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:46348217$...> The lenses should work fine, but don't forget that the effective focal
    > > length will be 1.6 times the marked focal length, so the 50mm lens will
    > > act like a 80 mm lens and the 28-105mm lens will act like a 49-168mm lens.

    > > Gadi

    > The effective focal length will remain the same. The FOV will be changed by
    > a factor of 1.6.
    >

    > FOV is a lot different from effective focal length. I'm sure you knew all
    > that though.
    >
    > Rick
    >
    > :)

    Nope, I didn't know. That's why I wrote you guys.

    Thanks,

    César.

    CNDA, May 2, 2007