    Any advice welcome.

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Gordon Macpherson, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Gordon Macpherson

    [BnH] Guest

    You won't be buying a 20D soon right ?
    the EF-S 60mm is a good choice, although Tamron 90mm SP Di is great too.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Aug 17, 2005

  3. Gordon Macpherson

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Gordon Macpherson wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a Canon 350d/XT on order and have ordered the Canon EF28-105 and
    > EF75-300 IS lenses to go with it. Should the wallet stretch I would
    > like to have a lens, not too expensive, to do macro shots. My old Oly
    > 4000 gave very good results on super close up and I would like to have a
    > similar potential. Insects, trout fishing flies would be some of the
    > targets.
    > Any advice welcome.

    If you want to do macro on the cheap, you can always look
    at extension tubes for your 20-105 and 75-300 or Canon's 500D
    close up adapter for the 75-300.

    http://bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/closeup2.htm

    Jim Townsend, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Gordon Macpherson

    Dan Birchall Guest

    ess (Jim Townsend) wrote:
    > Gordon Macpherson wrote:
    > > I have a Canon 350d/XT on order and have ordered the Canon EF28-105 and
    > > EF75-300 IS lenses to go with it. Should the wallet stretch I would
    > > like to have a lens, not too expensive, to do macro shots.

    > If you want to do macro on the cheap, you can always look
    > at extension tubes for your 20-105 and 75-300 or Canon's 500D
    > close up adapter for the 75-300.

    ....or other cheaper third-party +1/+2/+4 diopter screw-on filters.

    --
    Dan Birchall - http://danbirchall.multiply.com/ - images, words, technology

    Dan Birchall, Aug 18, 2005