    exhibit the above corruption, when viewed with Windows Picture and Fax
    Viewer.

    Does anyone here know what the problem might be?

    ib1, Apr 27, 2005

  2. ib1

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > A friend has a new 350 XT, after burning jpeg's downloaded to PC from
    > the camera, the images are corrupted, the first band is correct color
    > and information, then there are bands (horizontal) that have a color
    > shift and the information of the image is shifted to the right, etc.
    >
    > The original images downloaded to the PC when viewed with Windows
    > Picture and Fax Viewer are ok, but the same images burned to CD
    > exhibit the above corruption, when viewed with Windows Picture and Fax
    > Viewer.
    >
    > Does anyone here know what the problem might be?

    Offhand, it could be any one of a number of things starting with:

    Is the computer multi-tasking while burning?? if so DONT.

    Could be media not suitable for the burner.

    Could be Burner not working in DMA mode.

    Could be bad burner.

    Those would be the four most likely reasons.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Apr 27, 2005

  3. ib1

    ib1 Guest

    thank you for the ideas but none would seem to apply ..

    no multitasking going on .. actually burned at slower speed than drive
    and media capable of ..

    have used this media on same burner for other tasks with no
    difficulties ..

    burner confirmed to be in DMA mode ..

    burner is a quit new .. Plextor DVDR PX-716A that has not had any
    other problems burning ..

    ib1, Apr 28, 2005
  4. ib1

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > thank you for the ideas but none would seem to apply ..
    >
    > no multitasking going on .. actually burned at slower speed than drive
    > and media capable of ..
    >
    > have used this media on same burner for other tasks with no
    > difficulties ..
    >
    > burner confirmed to be in DMA mode ..
    >
    > burner is a quit new .. Plextor DVDR PX-716A that has not had any
    > other problems burning ..

    If the photos are not corrupted on the hard disk, then its not a photo
    problem.

    The photos are just data to the computer and to the burner.

    You didn't try to burn a "photo cd" did you..??

    Under most circumstances, that would NOT be what you want to do. "Photo
    CCD" is a special format (for the pictures) and in general you just want to
    burn a data cd containing jpg files.

    Im outa' ideas, other than to say, I've never had the problem myself.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Apr 28, 2005