    prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    price?
    , Feb 17, 2007

  2. silvercelt Guest

    Best place is to do an online search and see what comes up. If you
    don't wish to order from another country search for your area.
    Otherwise look around and you'll find great deals. I got my camera
    from a photography shop on ebay. Great deal and it shipped from HK to
    UK=)
    silvercelt, Feb 17, 2007

  3. remove Guest

    On 17 Feb 2007 05:17:40 -0800, wrote:

    >I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    >prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    >price?

    I purchased a 30D kit from B&H Photo Video (Body, lenses and
    accesories). The entire package was the lowest price I could find at
    any reputable company. Their prices on individual components, may not
    always be the lowest, but they're pretty close.

    I took my list to a local Photo shop and was told that all of their
    prices were within 10 or 20% of wholesale.

    Their reputation is probably one of the best for on-line businesses,
    and I highly recommend them. I have made subsequent purchases of
    other equipment and will probably buy from them again.

    HTH
    Bill
    remove, Feb 17, 2007
  4. J. Clarke Guest

    On 17 Feb 2007 05:17:40 -0800, wrote:

    >I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    >prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    >price?

    In the US B&H Photo <http://www.bhphotovideo.com>, $1100-1200 for the
    body. Any price that you see that is much lower than that, check the
    vendor out on <http://www.resellerratings.com>.
    J. Clarke, Feb 17, 2007
  5. THO Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    > prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    > price?

    The PMA camera show is coming up in early March and there will be many
    new cameras introduced there. If you can wait, you might see a
    replacement for the 30D or another new product which might interest you.
    THO, Feb 17, 2007
  6. dulles Guest

    wrote:

    > I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    > prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    > price?

    Amazon did ok for me
    dulles, Feb 17, 2007
  7. Mike Perkins Guest

    On 17 Feb 2007 05:17:40 -0800, wrote:

    >I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    >prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    >price?

    I'm researching for a 30D also. B&H and Adorama were the best prices I
    found. I have ordered from B&H before. They are a very reputable
    dealer and I highly recommend them. I will be ordering my 30D and
    accessories from them sometime this year.
    --
    Mike
    The Kansas Viking
    Mike Perkins, Feb 17, 2007
  8. Bill Funk Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:47:26 -0500, THO <.23.invalid>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    >> prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    >> price?

    >The PMA camera show is coming up in early March and there will be many
    >new cameras introduced there. If you can wait, you might see a
    >replacement for the 30D or another new product which might interest you.

    The OP is shopping for price, it wouild seem. A replacement for the
    30D will preobably be more expensive; though the 30D's price will
    probably drop.
    For the OP: use Resellerratings.com to check on the reliability of any
    on-line dealers, and shop wisely. A low price on a camera not
    delivered is not really a bargain.

    --
    Anna Nicole Smith's family and
    friends converged on the late
    Bill Funk, Feb 17, 2007
  9. >Best place is to do an online search and see what comes up. If you
    >don't wish to order from another country search for your area.
    >Otherwise look around and you'll find great deals. I got my camera
    >from a photography shop on ebay. Great deal and it shipped from HK to
    >UK=)

    As (almost) everyone here will tell you, this is terrible advice. If
    you do an on-line search you will find many places offering deals that
    seem too good to be true, and they are.

    Order from B&H.

    -Joel

    Free Bible and Mishna printouts in Hebrew: http://liturgy.lashon.net/
    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Feb 18, 2007
  10. Dave Cohen Guest

    dulles wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    >> prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    >> price?

    > Amazon did ok for me

    I like Amazon, they're fast, very reputable and most items over $25 ship
    free. Watch those shipping and handling costs when making comparisons.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Feb 18, 2007
  11. I'm looking it also = Is this camera worth so? This will be my first just
    into big SLR Digital camera, what I use now it the Canon Ftb and my son
    digital, is this a good choice?

    Alain

    Alain's Studio, Feb 18, 2007
  12. Vaidd Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 02:37:04 -0500, "Alain's Studio"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm looking it also = Is this camera worth so? This will be my first just
    >into big SLR Digital camera, what I use now it the Canon Ftb and my son
    >digital, is this a good choice?
    >
    >Alain

    Well it got the Amateur Photographer 2007 award for Enthusiast Digital
    SLR of the Year.

    The other nominees were D80, D200, E330, Alpha100, DMC-L1.

    --
    Regards
    David: NorthWest, England
    Vaidd, Feb 18, 2007
  13. >I'm looking it also = Is this camera worth so? This will be my first just
    >into big SLR Digital camera, what I use now it the Canon Ftb and my son
    >digital, is this a good choice?

    It's a great choice. Make sure you get a good lens with the camera.

    -Joel

    EXIF data for any image or web page: http://exif.posted-online.com
    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Feb 18, 2007
  14. Bill Funk Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:31:37 -0600, Mike Perkins <>
    wrote:

    >On 17 Feb 2007 05:17:40 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking at getting a a Canon 30D and have found all sorts of
    >>prices. Where is the best place to look and what is a reasonable
    >>price?

    >I'm researching for a 30D also. B&H and Adorama were the best prices I
    >found. I have ordered from B&H before. They are a very reputable
    >dealer and I highly recommend them. I will be ordering my 30D and
    >accessories from them sometime this year.

    B&H is where I got my 30D.

    Bill Funk, Feb 18, 2007