    Coordindinator of Studies, Multimedia and Photomedia, Australian Academy
    of Design
    Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Oct 26, 2006

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    RichA Guest

    Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've posted both daytime and nighttime image noise tests for the Canon
    > 30D on my site:
    > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
    > to join those of the 5D and 400D.

    Amazing how much the noise characteristics vary from image to image.
    Compare this shot against your daylight shots at 1600 ISO.

    http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/68495981

    RichA, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Andy Guest

    "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've posted both daytime and nighttime image noise tests for the Canon 30D
    > on my site:
    > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
    > to join those of the 5D and 400D.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    > Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
    > http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
    > Coordindinator of Studies, Multimedia and Photomedia, Australian Academy
    > of Design
    > Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

    Hello Wayne!

    I saw your websites. Great pictures.
    I'll be glad if you submit your sites to my new Photography Directory. I
    need many links to populate my database in order to get some traffic. Please
    help me, by helping me you are helping yourself too.

    Thankx in advance.
    Andy.

    Andy, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Andy Guest

    Oh, I forgot to post a link to my site:)) www.photoclickspro.com

    Andy, Oct 27, 2006
  5. "RichA" <> wrote in message

    > Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I've posted both daytime and nighttime image noise tests for the Canon
    >> 30D on my site:
    >> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
    >> to join those of the 5D and 400D.

    > Amazing how much the noise characteristics vary from image to image.
    > Compare this shot against your daylight shots at 1600 ISO.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/68495981

    hm---this photo has too little noise, i fear... are you sure it's not gone
    through some NN or NI?

    --
    http://www.protoncek.com

    Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\), Oct 27, 2006
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Guest

    RichA wrote:
    > Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I've posted both daytime and nighttime image noise tests for the Canon
    > > 30D on my site:
    > > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
    > > to join those of the 5D and 400D.

    > Amazing how much the noise characteristics vary from image to image.
    > Compare this shot against your daylight shots at 1600 ISO.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/68495981

    You're not comparing apples to apples. In the noise tests from the
    original post you're seeing 100% crops. The pbase image is reduced in
    size, so the noise disappears. Look at the original picture and you'll
    see a bunch of noise.

    -Gniewko

    , Oct 27, 2006