    --
    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, Mar 28, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    tomm42 Guest

    Photoshop has ACR 3.3 out, I think for CS2 only. But the 30D is a brand
    new camera, so it may not be there. ACR 3.3 is on the Adobe web site,
    Photoshop downloads. They should have a new ver out, eventually, since
    PS will not be upgraded for a year.

    Tom

    tomm42, Mar 28, 2006

  3. On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:18:55 +0200, in rec.photo.digital Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    <> wrote:

    >I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    >30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    No. ACR doesn't support the 30D, nor does RawShooterEssentials yet either.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 28, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:24:34 -0500, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to
    E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:18:55 +0200, in rec.photo.digital Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    >>30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    >No. ACR doesn't support the 30D, nor does RawShooterEssentials yet either.

    Current version of Silkypix supports it.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Mar 28, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Mark B. Guest

    "Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <> wrote in message
    >I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    > 30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    DPP 2.1 that comes with the camera works fine :)

    Mark

    Mark B., Mar 29, 2006
  6. Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    > I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    > 30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    I don't like hacks, but here is one that may help you:

    http://akhater.wordpress.com/2006/03/24/early-support-for-photoshop-cs2-for-canon-30d-raw/

    "This script makes a copy of the official ACR plug-in and performs a
    modification on the copy".

    --
    Barry Pearson
    http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

    Barry Pearson, Mar 29, 2006

    Another reason to support OpenRaw http://www.opennraw.org

    Darrell Larose, Mar 29, 2006
  8. Darrell Larose wrote:
    > Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    > > I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    > > 30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    [snip]
    > Another reason to support OpenRaw http://www.opennraw.org

    OpenRAW doesn't address this particular problem directly. It lobbies
    for publication of raw file formats, but that doesn't itself avoid the
    need to update raw converters with the new camera-model data.

    The real solution to the problem of supporting new cameras in existing
    raw converters is a common raw format, for which we have DNG. If the
    30D had output DNG, either as its native raw format or as an additional
    option, ACR 2.4 under CS would already support it.

    Barry Pearson, Mar 30, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <> wrote:
    >I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    >30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    As part of their acquisition of Macromedia last December Adobe laid
    off about 650 people. Is there a connection between that and the
    sluggishness of releasing a new version of Camera RAW?

    _Probably_ not. Who knows?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Mar 30, 2006
  10. Ray Fischer <> wrote:
    > J?rn Dahl-Stamnes <> wrote:
    >>I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    >>30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    > As part of their acquisition of Macromedia last December Adobe laid
    > off about 650 people. Is there a connection between that and the
    > sluggishness of releasing a new version of Camera RAW?
    >
    > _Probably_ not. Who knows?

    Why do you expect a new version? What features are you looking for a new
    version that do not exist in the current version?

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Mar 30, 2006
  11. On 30 Mar 2006 17:39:26 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
    <> wrote:

    >Ray Fischer <> wrote:
    >> J?rn Dahl-Stamnes <> wrote:
    >>>I just found out that Photoshop CS does not recognize RAW files from the
    >>>30D. Still no new RAW converter at adobes web-site... or have I missed it?

    >> As part of their acquisition of Macromedia last December Adobe laid
    >> off about 650 people. Is there a connection between that and the
    >> sluggishness of releasing a new version of Camera RAW?
    >>
    >> _Probably_ not. Who knows?
    >>

    >Why do you expect a new version? What features are you looking for a new
    >version that do not exist in the current version?

    What this whole thread is about. Support for the Canon 30D, no?
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 30, 2006
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    >> _Probably_ not. Who knows?
    >>

    > Why do you expect a new version? What features are you looking for a new
    > version that do not exist in the current version?

    For one, the ability to read RAW images from a Canon 30D.

    I did try the earlier posted hack. It works... sort of. The raw files
    will read, but I can't get it to export a useable DNG file (yet it works
    fine for my Panasonic FZ-30). TIFF works though. Oh well..

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    Isaiah Beard, Apr 10, 2006