    300D,

    much appreciated,

    Sparky.
    welder63, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Charles Schuler, Jun 5, 2004

  3. welder63

    Mikey S. Guest

    Mikey S., Jun 6, 2004
  4. "welder63" <@> wrote in message
    news:teowc.481$QF.106@newsfe6-win...
    > can anyone point me to any websites that contain macro shots from

    the canon
    > 300D,

    Digital Rebel (300D) and Sigma 50mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro EX

    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/tulips2
    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/caterpillarmacro
    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/tulips1
    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/SpringHome2004
    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/CanOpenerMacro

    Some of these are macros and close-ups with the kit lens (Canon EF-S
    18-55m)

    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/scitech2
    http://photo.patcroteau.com/_gallery/Up-Close-And-Personal
    The Black Sheep, Jun 6, 2004
  5. "welder63" <@> wrote in message news:<teowc.481$QF.106@newsfe6-win>...
    > can anyone point me to any websites that contain macro shots from the canon
    > 300D,

    Macro? How about any full size shot? You won't find any posted
    anywhere because the image quality of these Canon DSLRs is so bad when
    posted full size.

    Canon has 2 or 3 mediocre full size shots posted as demos, they're
    blurry.

    > much appreciated,

    I'd love to see if you actually get a response which includes a 6MP
    shot.
    Georgette Preddy, Jun 6, 2004
  6. welder63

    JohnJ Guest

    Georgette Preddy wrote:
    > Macro? How about any full size shot? You won't find any posted
    > anywhere because the image quality of these Canon DSLRs is so bad when
    > posted full size.
    >
    > Canon has 2 or 3 mediocre full size shots posted as demos, they're
    > blurry.

    To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.
    JohnJ, Jun 6, 2004
  7. The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
    other pseudonyms) has an ungrounded but zealous faith that current
    implementation of the Foveon chip is superior to all other chip
    technologies. He will cite portions of reviews to ostensibly support his
    claims, and will repeat, ad naseum, complete lines of out-of-context
    material.

    His claims may well be ignored, or at the very least verified since most
    of them are extreme distortions and some are out and out fabrications."

    Moreover, "Mr." "Preddy" has claimed to be a photographer (pro!), but
    cannot bring himself to post a single picture with EXIF info that he
    shot himself, in spite of repeated requests and challenges to do so.

    Apparently he loathes anything related to Canon and loves everything
    about Sigma cameras and lenses. His "claims" may be ignored, and he is
    doing Sigma, and anyone related to the Foveon chip, no good at all by
    arousing ire, increasing the N/S ratio, and generally spamming this
    newsgroup.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jun 6, 2004