    groups topic

    Greetings, Maciek Antonik
    , May 9, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello! For the next couple of days I am going to visit Dublin. I will
    > have some free time ,so I will be looking for a shop to buy my desired
    > Canon 300d. It would have to be a second-hand shop I think, they don't
    > produce it anymore. Here is my question - PLEASE tell me where should I
    > look for such a place - do You know any addresses or maybe a place on
    > the web (www? another group?) where I could ask
    >
    > I am really thankful for anyanswer. Hope that wasn't too far from this
    > groups topic
    >
    > Greetings, Maciek Antonik

    Hello Maciek.

    I was in Dublin last week. I found a nice photo shop with a second-hand
    window on Burgh Quay.
    I cannot remember the exact name of the shop but it was something like
    "Bemmington".
    There are other shops -
    - City Cameras on Dawson St,
    - Camera Centre on Grafton St,
    - Dublin Camera Exchange on Trinity St,
    - One Hour Photo on St Stephen Green North
    but, when I was there last week, none had much second hand equipment in
    stock.
    I've a recollection that the shop on Burgh Quay had a 20D second hand but I
    don't recall seeing a 300D.

    To be honest, there wasn't a lot of second hand equipment on show in Dublin.
    I would expect to see more here in my home city of Nottingham.

    There is a rail link between Dublin and Belfast. Journey time is around two
    hours in each direction and the cost for a return ticket is around fifty
    euros. It is a nice trip.
    I only had a quick look around Belfast and found only three camer shops -
    - Jessops on High St and Arthur Sq, (Jessops are ceasing to trade in second
    hand equipment)
    - another shop, cannot recall the name, on Wellington Place.

    Hope this helps.

    Oh - you could try www.lcegroup.co.uk if you do not get your 300d in Dublin.

    I've had excellent service from several of their branches.

    Regards, Ian.
    Fred Anonymous, May 9, 2006

  3. Peter A. Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello! For the next couple of days I am going to visit Dublin. I will
    > have some free time ,so I will be looking for a shop to buy my desired
    > Canon 300d.

    Try Conns Cameras. Family run, been around for a looong time,
    knowlegeable staff. Couple of minuits walk from the top of Grafton St.

    http://www.connscameras.ie/

    Check their second hand listings *daily*, they really do update it at
    least once a day. And try and avoid the collection of Manfrotto tripods
    which are *extremely* tempting (he notes ruefully. Great tripod
    though!)
    Personally I would grab all the evening newspapers/buy-sell papers on
    day one and go through the small ads first.
    Just got back from a visit myself, and left some money at Conns, as
    usual. Good luck with your search.
    Peter A., May 10, 2006
  4. > Try Conns Cameras. Family run, been around for a looong time,
    > knowlegeable staff. Couple of minuits walk from the top of Grafton St.
    >
    > http://www.connscameras.ie/
    >
    > Check their second hand listings *daily*, they really do update it at
    > least once a day. And try and avoid the collection of Manfrotto tripods
    > which are *extremely* tempting (he notes ruefully. Great tripod
    > though!)
    > Personally I would grab all the evening newspapers/buy-sell papers on
    > day one and go through the small ads first.
    > Just got back from a visit myself, and left some money at Conns, as
    > usual. Good luck with your search.

    Hi Peter. Thanks for the info on Conns Cameras. I missed them when I
    visited Dublin last week - only had the Berlitz guide and none of the shops
    in it really had a second-hand range.
    Next time - I'll have a look at Conns.

    Regards, Ian.
    Fred Anonymous, May 11, 2006
  5. Peter A. Guest

    Fred Anonymous wrote:

    > Hi Peter. Thanks for the info on Conns Cameras.

    You're welcome. I've always found them to be pretty good. But then
    again, I live in rural Spain so 'any' camera shop seems pretty good.
    Like Crocodile Dundee in N.Y.C.

    I went into Conns with a wish list of 67 and 77mm circular polarisers,
    a spare Nikon ML-L3 remote and a nikon mount Sigma 10-20mm. (Couldn't
    go the grand for the DX). They had them all on the shelf *and* cleaned
    an Irish dust-bunny off my sensor to boot. So I am a happy camper.
    Peter A., May 12, 2006