    cleaned the lens and the eyepiece and still see it?

    I suppose there is dust on the mirror.

    What is the best way to get dust off of the mirror?

    Ken, Mar 26, 2006

  2. On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:52:22 -0600, Ken <> wrote:

    >In the eyepiece, I see large specks of dust/hairs, or something. I've
    >cleaned the lens and the eyepiece and still see it?
    >
    >I suppose there is dust on the mirror.
    >
    >What is the best way to get dust off of the mirror?

    With a lens brush....

    --

    "Americans have plenty of everything and the best of nothing."

    John C. Keats
    American Writer
    1924-2000

    John A. Stovall, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Ken wrote:
    > In the eyepiece, I see large specks of dust/hairs, or something. I've
    > cleaned the lens and the eyepiece and still see it?
    >
    > I suppose there is dust on the mirror.
    >
    > What is the best way to get dust off of the mirror?

    I assume you are looking though the viewfinder and seeing this stuff.
    Good news. It is not on the lens and it does not get in the image the
    camera records it is on the surface above the mirror. You can't see these
    things on a lens or mirror since they are far out of focus, the only thing
    in focus when you look through the viewfinder is the subject and the
    focusing screen. That screen is above the mirror.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 26, 2006