    I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
    Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
    transformer on the battery recharger?

    Graham and Beth Harden, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Graham and Beth Harden

    dslr Guest

    In article <>, "Graham and Beth Harden" <> wrote:
    >Greetings,
    >
    >I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
    >Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
    >transformer on the battery recharger?

    Only the name (the US version is the Digital Rebel, the Japanese one is the
    Digital Kiss and everywhere else it's the 300D), the warranty and, as you are
    aware, the power aspect of the charger.
    WRT the warranty, make sure that Canon Australia (or whatever region it's
    called) will honour a warranty issued by Canon US. I believe that it works OK
    in your direction but that Canon US won't entertain any other region's
    warranty, however don't take my belief to be definite.

    --
    KRs
    dslr

    dslr, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Graham and Beth Harden

    HooDooWitch Guest

    (dslr) somehow managed to post:

    >In article <>, "Graham and Beth Harden" <> wrote:
    >>Greetings,
    >>
    >>I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
    >>Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
    >>transformer on the battery recharger?

    >Only the name (the US version is the Digital Rebel, the Japanese one is the
    >Digital Kiss and everywhere else it's the 300D), the warranty and, as you are
    >aware, the power aspect of the charger.

    The charger accepts 110v to 240v so you'll only need an adapter.

    --
    HooDooWitch (NaCl - Gratis)

    HooDooWitch, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Graham and Beth Harden

    Your-nice Guest

    im in the uk and got a USA model from below, and they said it was the same
    but with a uk plug on it and its fine. saved a lot too.

    ukdigitalcameras.safeshopper.com

    "Graham and Beth Harden" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Your-nice, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Graham and Beth Harden

    Jim Townsend Guest

    HooDooWitch wrote:

    > The charger accepts 110v to 240v so you'll only need an adapter.

    Actually, all you need to do is change the power cord. It just
    unplugs from the charger..

    You can purchase a cord with the proper molded ends and the
    Aussi style mains plug for under $10.00 AUD

    I did this last year when I visited New Zealand. I still have
    the power cord lying around somewhere :)

    Jim Townsend, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Graham and Beth Harden wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
    > Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
    > transformer on the battery recharger?

    The USA version uses a color matrix filter and the Australian version
    uses a colour matrix filter. ;) The battery charger operates on 110-240
    volts, however the plug/cord will be different - you will be able to buy
    a plug adapter or replacement cord.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Jul 23, 2004
  7. Graham and Beth Harden

    per Guest

    "Dave Herzstein" <> wrote in
    > Graham and Beth Harden wrote:
    > >
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
    > > Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides

    the
    > > transformer on the battery recharger?

    > The USA version uses a color matrix filter and the Australian version
    > uses a colour matrix filter. ;) The battery charger operates on 110-240
    > volts, however the plug/cord will be different - you will be able to buy
    > a plug adapter or replacement cord.
    >
    > -Dave

    What about PAL/NTSC output to TV?
    /per

    per, Jul 23, 2004
  8. Graham and Beth Harden

    Guest

    Kibo informs me that "per" <> stated that:

    >What about PAL/NTSC output to TV?

    You select that from the menu.

    , Jul 24, 2004
  9. Graham and Beth Harden

    Paul J Gans Guest

    per <> wrote:
    >"Dave Herzstein" <> wrote in
    >> Graham and Beth Harden wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Greetings,
    >> >
    >> > I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
    >> > Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides

    >the
    >> > transformer on the battery recharger?

    >> The USA version uses a color matrix filter and the Australian version
    >> uses a colour matrix filter. ;) The battery charger operates on 110-240
    >> volts, however the plug/cord will be different - you will be able to buy
    >> a plug adapter or replacement cord.
    >>
    >> -Dave

    >What about PAL/NTSC output to TV?
    >/per