    other places to recommend
    Thanks
    John [UK]

    Johnnie Scott, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Johnnie Scott

    Bigguy Guest

    Ordered a D70s from Pixmania Nov 30 2005... really good price - they took my
    money and I waited... and phoned... and waited... and phoned... and
    waited...
    Gave up last week, got my money back and bought one for £80 more - it
    arrived by return of post.

    I would avoid Pixmania - they will say they have stock and take your money
    then suddenly they have no stock...

    Save yourself some grief and buy elsewhere.

    YMMV

    Andy

    Bigguy, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > Been looking for one of these cameras. Ebay well overpriced, most
    > on-line retailers about the same, except Pixmania around £70 cheaper
    > plus the £100 cashback if bought before 31/01/06. Anyone had
    > dealings with them or any other places to recommend
    > Thanks
    > John [UK]

    I don't know Pixmania but it is a good bet that the lowest bidder is
    lowest for a good reason.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 28, 2006
  4. "Johnnie Scott" <john374999nospam@.nospam.ntlworldnospam.com> wrote in
    message news:IkKCf.71264$...
    > Been looking for one of these cameras. Ebay well overpriced, most on-line
    > retailers about the same, except Pixmania around £70 cheaper plus the £100
    > cashback if bought before 31/01/06. Anyone had dealings with them or any
    > other places to recommend
    > Thanks
    > John [UK]

    Same answer as on discounts.and.bargains NG.
    Although I came across the body and lens for £851 from Savastore but I
    haven't used them before.
    http://www.savastore.com/productinf...store&product_id=10285942&pid=182&rstrat=7968

    Steven Campbell, Jan 28, 2006
  5. Johnnie Scott

    Stan Birch Guest

    >On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 "Johnnie Scott" wrote:

    >Been looking for one of these cameras. Ebay well overpriced, most on-line
    >retailers about the same, except Pixmania around ?70 cheaper plus the ?100
    >cashback if bought before 31/01/06. Anyone had dealings with them or any
    >other places to recommend . .

    Never heard of Pixmania; but for anyone who has spent any time on this
    forum; if it sounds too good to be true, then . . . .

    For the rest of us, dealing with well-know reputable on-line dealers
    such as B&H, seems the prudent way to go . .

    Stan Birch, Jan 28, 2006
  6. "Stan Birch" <> wrote in message
    > >On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 "Johnnie Scott" wrote:

    >>Been looking for one of these cameras. Ebay well overpriced, most on-line
    >>retailers about the same, except Pixmania around ?70 cheaper plus the ?100
    >>cashback if bought before 31/01/06. Anyone had dealings with them or any
    >>other places to recommend . .

    > Never heard of Pixmania; but for anyone who has spent any time on this
    > forum; if it sounds too good to be true, then . . . .
    >
    > For the rest of us, dealing with well-know reputable on-line dealers
    > such as B&H, seems the prudent way to go . .

    We don't all stay in the US ;o)
    Pixmania is for the UK

    Steven Campbell, Jan 28, 2006
  7. Steven Campbell wrote:

    > "Stan Birch" <> wrote in message
    >> >On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 "Johnnie Scott" wrote:

    >>>Been looking for one of these cameras. Ebay well overpriced, most on-line
    >>>retailers about the same, except Pixmania around ?70 cheaper plus the
    >>>?100 cashback if bought before 31/01/06. Anyone had dealings with them or
    >>>any other places to recommend . .

    >> Never heard of Pixmania; but for anyone who has spent any time on this
    >> forum; if it sounds too good to be true, then . . . .
    >>
    >> For the rest of us, dealing with well-know reputable on-line dealers
    >> such as B&H, seems the prudent way to go . .

    > We don't all stay in the US ;o)
    > Pixmania is for the UK

    I stay in Norway but I still use B&H... ;-)

    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Foto/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, Jan 28, 2006
  8. Johnnie Scott

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:06:08 -0500, (Stan Birch)
    wrote:

    >>On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 "Johnnie Scott" wrote:

    >>Been looking for one of these cameras. Ebay well overpriced, most on-line
    >>retailers about the same, except Pixmania around ?70 cheaper plus the ?100
    >>cashback if bought before 31/01/06. Anyone had dealings with them or any
    >>other places to recommend . .

    >Never heard of Pixmania; but for anyone who has spent any time on this
    >forum; if it sounds too good to be true, then . . . .
    >
    >For the rest of us, dealing with well-know reputable on-line dealers
    >such as B&H, seems the prudent way to go . .

    Pixmania has been discused here before.
    It's a French company, and the consensus was that it sucked.
    The lowest price vendors usually suck.

    --
    Big Bill
    Replace "g" with "a"