    right?

    Thanks
    ben
    BEN TSANG, Aug 14, 2004

  2. "BEN TSANG" <> wrote in
    news:411e4daf$-cable.com:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > Do you have gotten the news for Canon 20D? Because of I would like to
    > buy a DSLR(I am a new guy for that). At first, I would like to select
    > Canon 10d. But alot of people said Canon will release new DSLR within
    > this year, is it right?

    A google search on "canon 20d" reveal nothing but some few
    pages talking about a rumour. So ... nothing to base anything
    on I assume. But ... there will always be something new some time.
    Thats how it is.

    /Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Aug 14, 2004

  3. BEN TSANG

    YoYo Guest

    Why wait? A 10D can already match/beat
    35mm.

    YoYo, Aug 14, 2004
  4. BEN TSANG wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Do you have gotten the news for Canon 20D? Because of I would like to
    > buy a DSLR(I am a new guy for that). At first, I would like to select
    > Canon 10d. But alot of people said Canon will release new DSLR within
    > this year, is it right?
    >
    > Thanks
    > ben

    Yes, Canon is definitively launching a new dSLR, and the official
    announcement should happen by the end of the mont, as early as next week. It
    will be 8 mpixel 1,6 x sensor crop with bigger buffer and better speed. It
    will also have E-TTL 2 and USB 2.0 connection.

    In the rumor arena there's lots of talk about 1,3 x crop factor and special
    features like eye control focus.

    So, wait for a while to see what's coming up. Even if the new 20D is over
    your budget, the price of the 10D will surely plumet once the new camera
    hits the stores.

    --
    ------------------------------
    online photo portfolio

    " If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph
    the event, what film would you use?" - Anonymous
    Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK, Aug 14, 2004
  5. BEN TSANG wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Do you have gotten the news for Canon 20D? Because of I would like to buy a
    > DSLR(I am a new guy for that). At first, I would like to select Canon 10d.
    > But alot of people said Canon will release new DSLR within this year, is it
    > right?

    Actually, you should never buy a digital camera, because some company is
    always coming out with something better 3 months later. Just wait until
    they are done!

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 14, 2004
  6. BEN TSANG

    Mark B. Guest

    "BEN TSANG" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Do you have gotten the news for Canon 20D? Because of I would like to buy

    > DSLR(I am a new guy for that). At first, I would like to select Canon 10d.
    > But alot of people said Canon will release new DSLR within this year, is

    it
    > right?
    >
    > Thanks
    > ben

    Canon has released no news.

    Mark
    Mark B., Aug 14, 2004
  7. BEN TSANG

    YoYo Guest

    Ohh I hope if they do the Eye Control
    Focus it's better (MUCH BETTER) then the
    one they had on the Canon Elan IIe
    models. Because it sucked on the Elan!!

    "Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK"
    <> wrote in
    message

    YoYo, Aug 14, 2004
  8. BEN TSANG

    John J Guest

    The naming convention Canon uses for their cameras gives a hint as to the
    position of the camera in it's "pro" hierarchy. The lower the number the
    higher the status eg EOS 1 being highest. By that argument the 20D will be
    lower spec than the 10D, but not as low as the 300D. I would rather wait for
    a 9 and 9/10ths D than the 20D. Maybe the 10D replacement will be called a
    10DMK2, but almost definitely not a 20D?
    JJ

    John J, Aug 14, 2004
  9. BEN TSANG

    John EO Guest

    I have an Elan 7ne and before I bought it I had read somwhere that the ECF
    was much faster than previous models. I've never used an Elan IIe but the
    7ne is pretty fast and acurate, even though I don't use it that often.

    I'm sure if it goes into a digital, it;ll be improved even more.

    John EO, Aug 15, 2004
  10. BEN TSANG

    BandHPhoto Guest

    <Canon has released no news.>

    And, even if the do have major Photokina announcements, if they do as they've
    done in the past, it'll be months between the announcement and the time the
    camera will be available and then the initial availability will be a mere
    fraction of demand.
    - --

    regards,
    Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    BandHPhoto, Aug 15, 2004
  11. BEN TSANG

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Canon will formally announce the 20D this Friday, 5 pm EDT or so. There
    are already some leaks out there.

    Phil Wheeler, Aug 19, 2004
  12. I would have thought they would wait for Photokina at the end of September?
    Yes I heard the leaks, from Canon Canada as well as web sources. Expect the
    product to be hard to get until early 2005, and expect price reductions on
    both the 10D, and the Digital Rebel (300D) because of new releases at
    Photokina. I suspect Canon will cut the Drebel to compete with the USD $900
    Pentax dSLR, and a possible Minolta Maxxum 70 based econo dSLR as a
    companion to their leaked 7D. Nikon rumours are D200, D2X which the Nikon
    Canada rep slipped out yesterday in the store.

    Darrell Larose, Aug 19, 2004
  13. BEN TSANG

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Darrell Larose wrote:

    > I would have thought they would wait for Photokina at the end of September?

    Likely the Olympics and the Tennis US Open is too good to pass up (with
    Agassi/Graf on their payroll for PR).

    Announcement of another higher-end dSLR at PhotoKina would not be a
    surprise.

    > Yes I heard the leaks, from Canon Canada as well as web sources. Expect the
    > product to be hard to get until early 2005, and expect price reductions on
    > both the 10D, and the Digital Rebel (300D) because of new releases at
    > Photokina.

    I've been on a list since Sunday and have my fingers crossed: Trip to
    Chile in Dec. I do have a 300D, but my wife would like to be using it
    in Chile :)

    Phil
    Phil Wheeler, Aug 19, 2004
  14. BEN TSANG

    Mikishots Guest

    Why wait for Photokina? Don't you think it's strange that these
    "leaks" always happen one month before Photokina? Who do you think
    leaks this info? Give your head a shake...it's called smart
    marketing.

    Mikishots, Aug 19, 2004